Interference with Little Dot 1+
Aug 14, 2017 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cdn1234

New Head-Fier
I'm a total beginner with tube amps. Sorry if I'm just making some rookie mistakes.

So I got myself a LD1+ for my Grados. It works fine when I plug it into my old IPod shuffle, but when my phone is on near it I get radio static, and even when using my phone from the maximum distance away from the amp it makes noise, albeit less frequent.

When I plugged it into my Audio-Technica LP-60 turntable it was still making noises, maybe Bec it sits right next to it?

If you need a pic of my setup, I'll get it for you.

What can I do about this?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 7
So when it's not playing music there's the typical sound floor. However, a few seconds (5-10 sec) after I pause music an awful loud radio static sound comes out of it. What is that? Have I put it in wrong?

I'm just genuinely clueless.... Please help...

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 7
Just got little dot1+ At massdrop with 6cq6 tubes when I plug it in to my iPad through rca outs it amplifies when I touch outside of box through headphones can anyone explain why this happens this is my first tube amp

Dec 30, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #6 of 7
Tubes do pick up RF interference so it's best to keep things like phones, ipads, laptops, basically anything that uses WiFi or a phone signal away from them.

Also, have you tried another pair of tubes yet?

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 7
I have had my little dot 1+ for a while now and I have the same issues. I have tried out 7 differant tubes and nothing has helped. I just get it to a place where its good and leave it. Normally that fixes it for a while. I just chalked it up to being a cheap (but solid) hybrid. Plus as an aside I have only ever owned Volkswagens so I am used to little "quirks", but just like my cars the amp keeps on going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back