Interface with 6 or 8-channels 24/192 SPDIF out and wordclock input?
Jul 14, 2009 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NiToNi

Head-Fier
I have been trying to find an audio interface (pro/studio) that outputs at least 6 but preferably 8 channels of high-rez (24/192) digital audio over SPDIF (coax or AES/EBU) but I have had no luck so far. The interface should ideally be equipped with a word clock input. Firewire is prefered but USB works too.

I already own a RME FF 800 (as well as a RME 9632 HDSP and an E-MU 0404) which cannot do this (ADAT limited to 48kHz).

The app is running 3/4-channel digital xo using Audiolense with stand-alone DACs.

If anyone knows of a suitable interface, I would be very grateful.
beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiToNi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been trying to find an audio interface (pro/studio) that outputs at least 6 but preferably 8 channels of high-rez (24/192) digital audio over SPDIF (coax or AES/EBU) but I have had no luck so far. The interface should ideally be equipped with a word clock input. Firewire is prefered but USB works too.

I already own a RME FF 800 (as well as a RME 9632 HDSP and an E-MU 0404) which cannot do this (ADAT limited to 48kHz).

The app is running 3/4-channel digital xo using Audiolense with stand-alone DACs.

If anyone knows of a suitable interface, I would be very grateful.
beerchug.gif

I think maybe in the AIO they upgraded the adat bandwidth to 8 96/24 and 4 192/24, but im not sure, check it out. Are you sure any of the higher end models havent 8chan adat 192?

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes I think so - at least according to the manual. And ADAT is not much use to me either.

RME HDSPe AES can do this but only over AES/EBU (not SPDIF) but is an internal PCI Express card and not an external one.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiToNi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I think so - at least according to the manual. And ADAT is not much use to me either.

RME HDSPe AES can do this but only over AES/EBU (not SPDIF) but is an internal PCI Express card and not an external one.

adat is not spdif, however If ever there is an adat 8chan 192/24 you should check between external interfaces but neither firewire nor usb, but more likely if youre using a laptop some expresscard to proprietary external connection. Rme has some under pci-express interface series.
or maybe something pcmcia to proprietary, if the bandwidth is enough

*edit
as I see in the rme digiface pci-express manual, adat spec are to 44.1/48khz only, and they are using some kind of overlapping to support faster modes. I advice you checking madiface wich probably can do what you want and even more, the interface is expresscard.

Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back