Interface for Studio Monitor, Headphone and iMac c
Dec 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jettero

New Head-Fier
I work on Mac for listen music, movie, SKYPE, and I want to connect a pair of Studio Monitors and 1 Headphone.
Somebody told me that concerning the Studio Monitors, in order to improve the sound quality, I need to add a specific AUDIO USB INTREFACE (like Mackie Onyx Blackjack) and to improve the the Headphone sound quality I need to add a specific AMPLIFIER (like Sennheiser HDVA 600).

But I was wonder if exist 1 element for for both of them? One purpose (improve the quality sound) for a triade composed of Speakers, Headphone and iMac? All of suggestions are welocome.

(For the Monitor and Headphone purchase I thought: Mackie MR5mk2 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50)
atsmile.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 3
Im sure theres a dac that has a good headphone amp and has balanced outputs to get the most out of your monitors ,headphone amps are over hyped here I wouldnt worry to much, those headphones areare good tI had them before they dont need an amp to sound good, they are sensitive.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I work on Mac for listen music, movie, SKYPE, and I want to connect a pair of Studio Monitors and 1 Headphone.
Somebody told me that concerning the Studio Monitors, in order to improve the sound quality, I need to add a specific AUDIO USB INTREFACE (like Mackie Onyx Blackjack) and to improve the the Headphone sound quality I need to add a specific AMPLIFIER (like Sennheiser HDVA 600).

But I was wonder if exist 1 element for for both of them? One purpose (improve the quality sound) for a triade composed of Speakers, Headphone and iMac? All of suggestions are welocome.

(For the Monitor and Headphone purchase I thought: Mackie MR5mk2 and Audio-Technica ATH-M50)
atsmile.gif

No need to spend that much on the HDVA 600. You can look at the M-Audio interface for example, I think one version has balanced output and SE headphone output (plus mic inputs).

Or if you don't want pro gear for any reason (no need for mic preamp, aesthetics, etc) tons of one-box DAC and HPamp devices are available, just search "DAC-Amp" or go through the sources and amps sections here. Just mind what you buy in terms of connections - some of these have both balanced line/preamp outputs and balanced headphone outputs, which won't work with the M50. If the MR5 has SE inputs then just get a DAC-HPAmp with that kind of preamp output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back