Interesting Thread
Jun 29, 2003 at 6:57 AM Post #17 of 35
I've been searching around for some new I/Cs.

I'll have to give these Grovers a test drive. What a deal if they are anywhere close to the ravings on the Hoffman site.

Jun 30, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
(yes, i think these interconnects are "snake oil." doesn't matter if someone famous is supporting them... it wouldn't be the first time media used a big name to endorse a stupid product.)

Even though "media" isn't involved, Steve Hoffman is still personally involved with Grover, so there's still a motivation for endorsement that doesn't necessarily have an altruistic motive. Not saying there's anything there; not saying there isn't neither, though.

Jun 30, 2003 at 9:39 AM Post #19 of 35
I'm very interested in these too... can't wait to see the reviews in a few weeks.

Jul 3, 2003 at 2:10 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Even though "media" isn't involved, Steve Hoffman is still personally involved with Grover, so there's still a motivation for endorsement that doesn't necessarily have an altruistic motive. Not saying there's anything there; not saying there isn't neither, though.

Yes, true. From the address that Tom Hankins got, it appears that Grover is a relative of Steve. (Edit: I misread.) I'm still debating whether to try 'em myself.

Jul 3, 2003 at 2:42 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by David Mitchell
Yes, true. From the address that Tom Hankins got, it appears that Grover is a relative of Steve. I'm still debating whether to try 'em myself.

Relative? How did you come to that conclusion?

Jul 10, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #29 of 35
I will definitely be pickup up some Bullet Plugs. They look like the cat's meow.

His design is bare silver wire over air tube. (ala John Reisch). I wonder if he used Teflon? (Most probably he did, to stop silver tarnishing).

Yeah, time to order some silver wire.

Jul 10, 2003 at 2:05 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
PICS?

This pic is from Steve Hoffman's website. The guy in the picture is Steve Hoffman.

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back