Interesting Idea
Nov 19, 2008 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

4agze

Head-Fier
Hi all, refer to the link below, it is interesting to see Hitachi Maxell did noise cancelling IEM without any power needed, it uses iPod direct line out and the volume is controlled as shown in the link.

Headphones: Hitachi Maxell iPod-Only Noise-Canceling Headphones Don't Need Batteries

It could be interesting to see if anybody can DIY or manufacture something similar, using line out dock with volume control, connect to 3.5mm jack without connecting to portable amp, i wonder if that could be a step forward on the sound quality, since I dont use EQ on my nano.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmodo
about 20dB of noise cancelling

IEMs say what? Most IEMs give 26dB plus of sound attenuation... And it's likely that the IEMs' sound quality is better: the electronics in the noise-cancelling headphones are known to wreck, or at least reduce audio quality, and the drivers in that thing must be pretty pathetic to incorprate the microphones, circuitry and wiring to give this noise-cancelling effect.

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 9
What about the BLISS technology from Vmoda. "Noise-isolating (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) technology to reduce ambient noises and enable deep bass"

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 9
Except V-moda's whole "BLISS" BS sucks as the Vibes are one of the least isolating IEMs there are. BLISS is absolutely nothing special, just a fancy dumb name for some common sense that doesnt even live up to its big name.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 9
BLISS increases the bass level it seems.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #9 of 9
So, I have use the LOD directly to my IEM... yes without an amp but I have bought a volume controller. Will stick to it until I decided on P-51 Mustang.

So far I am satisfied with the sound coming out from the LOD even without an amp, I noticed there is huge difference on the soundstage, mids and highs also the bass has tighten up very much. As expected from LOD output lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back