Interesting documentary about the fallibility of memory
Dec 21, 2020 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bigshot

Headphoneus Supremus

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 7
I started to worry when after 5mn about eye witnesses, there had been no mention of Loftus. She finally arrives around 7mn. That might be a world record of sort.

What's intriguing is that they claim to study people with super memory, but they missed all the audiophiles who so perfectly remember the sound before burn in.

Dec 22, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 7
What's intriguing is that they claim to study people with super memory, but they missed all the audiophiles who so perfectly remember the sound before burn in.
This irony in combination with the inaccurate witness at the beginning of the video brings me to an unpleasant thought.

Just imagine someone being sentenced to many years of prison because an audiophile testifies that cable burn-in is audible in the exhibit.
(Along the lines of "because of burn-in, some event must have taken x hours after another event and therefore the accused .... ").
Such a scenario is unlikely at the moment. But in these days with the attempted push-backs on science in society/politics, who knows what the future will hold.

From this perspective, the forum members devoted since many years to a scientific approach in this subforum deserve recognition for their contribution to uphold science in society!
:thumbsup:

Dec 23, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 7
Thankfully the only victim of audiophoolishness is their own wallet.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Welp! I guess it's gone. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back