Interesting/Disturbing Pic - should have been in Koyaanisqatsi
Jun 15, 2008 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Lazarus Short

Headphoneus Supremus
Jun 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 18
I think I can see where they used a clone tool...so for now I'll call it fake.
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 18
Not a single one of those dishes is real.

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 18
guys, i don't mean to offend, but DON'T YOU SEE THE FRICKIN POINT?
of course it is fake, i bet he didn't even intend to make it look real, the dishes aren't done well enough for that.
this is art. yes this word is new to you guys but am i the only one to feel that the guy who made this picture had an intention?
or at least an opinion.
maybe he wants to express what media does to us these days. or how everyone isolates from the rest.

PS: the creator of the thread pointed in the right direction. interesting/disturbing picture. it is disturbing, in a way to make you think about social life and technology.

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by zephyr90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys, i don't mean to offend, but DON'T YOU SEE THE FRICKIN POINT?
of course it is fake, i bet he didn't even intend to make it look real, the dishes aren't done well enough for that.
this is art. yes this word is new to you guys but am i the only one to feel that the guy who made this picture had an intention?
or at least an opinion.
maybe he wants to express what media does to us these days. or how everyone isolates from the rest.

PS: the creator of the thread pointed in the right direction. interesting/disturbing picture. it is disturbing, in a way to make you think about social life and technology.

do not give me that crappy art ********. i can put a piece of dog **** on an ipod (or any other mp3player) and say it represents how our generation is loosing the true quality of music or some other crap. it does not. its just a frickin piece of dog sit on a frickin ipod.

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do not give me that crappy art ********. i can put a piece of dog **** on an ipod (or any other mp3player) and say it represents how our generation is loosing the true quality of music or some other crap. it does not. its just a frickin piece of dog sit on a frickin ipod.

well said that chap,, and itd be funnier

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

True, you could, but it wouldn't be very effective or thought-provoking. Or maybe it would, that's just my opinion, which is why it isn't 'bull****' to call this art.

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #13 of 18
each to his own. in that regard, you can anything art, because everything is thought provoking. even the most cliched thing might be art becuase its provokes the thought "this is cliched"

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Crappy art?

I saw a Piero Manzoni exhibit at the Guggenheim. His sh!t ...preserved in drab tin cans and labeled as such... was stacked under some very thick lucite displays. I think the label, "Artist Sh!t", made the lucite not so necessary. You could have walked up and signed your own name to most of the paintings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back