interesting article on streaming music services...
Apr 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

warrior1975

Headphoneus Supremus
Since acquiring my new IEM'S, I've been trying to improve my experience. I've been trying to find the best streaming service, looking for the highest sound quality. I've been using Pandora One for years... sad I know. anyway, stumbled across this article.

http://www.marcurselli.com/2014/03/03/the-truth-about-music-streaming-services-and-the-ultimate-audio-quality-shootout-test-beats-vs-mog-vs-play-music-by-google-vs-rdio-vs-spotify/

I am on a trial using Beats, definitely an improvement over Pandora. I'm leaning towards Google at this point. There is an interesting service from Qobuz, however they are based in France, the app is in French, but they seem to have real Hq streaming.

May 19, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 6
In the last week, I tried Beats and Spotify. Beats has some interesting playlists, but did not sound very good. Spotify sounded amazing on virtually every song I tried (on hacked I9300 + RE400s.) The EQ of Spotify is basic but gave just what the RE400s needed.

I tried the Google music player app a while back, and it sounded pretty inferior (compared to Poweramp/Neutron) for playing music files. It may be better now though.

May 27, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 6
I have a Spotify premium account and it's been great for home/portable use specially when using the right gear. It was hacked recently though 
frown.gif
 now they are requesting all users to change pass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back