Interested to hear people opinions on my new rig
Mar 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SVghost

100+ Head-Fier
In a week or so (goodies on order
darthsmile.gif
) Ill have a new portable setup:

*Ultrasone HFI-780 (stock, should i think about a re cable to lessen the sibilance, or dose 400+ hrs burn in take care of that?)
*RSA Predator (any mods that make a big difference? amps fully burnt in)
*Ipod Nano 4G (would somthing like a cowon greatly improve my SQ?)
*a good LOD probably the one EFN is selling described as:
Made from/Comes With:
- 0.3mm 5N Reference Grade solid core pure silver (Teflon Insulated)
- Neutrik NYS Mini Plug
- Tri Braid Configuration
- Ultra Slim RIDAX Lod Body
- Double Strain Protection on the LOD body and plug

How dose this setup sound to you guys??

I listen to the occasional jazz, classical, and blues. Mainly i listen to electronic (all types almost) and indie. I was looking for something that's warm sounding, engaging, full of SQ, bass strong, and fun to listen too. Also was looking for something durable and well built because, after all, its a portable rig.

Thanks!!!

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which iPod are you using?

Opps, i forgot to mension that, ill edit the original post as well.

Its a Ipod Nano 4G. Green.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 7
Don't forget the source files. At a minimum you would not want to use anything less than 244kbps AAC for your Nano. The Silver LOD I am sending you will be very revealing, paired with a superb amp like the Predator, low bitrates will rear their ugly heads easily.

Cheers.

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget the source files. At a minimum you would not want to use anything less than 244kbps AAC for your Nano. The Silver LOD I am sending you will be very revealing, paired with a superb amp like the Predator, low bitrates will rear their ugly heads easily.

Cheers.

Gotcha, yea almost all of my music is 320mp3 or FLAC (which ill have to convert). My home setup is a HR Desktop and D5000, so i know what you mean. Before i got on this site and started getting some good gear, i could never hear the difference of anything higher then 192mp3. I always thought maybe i didn't have the ear for it. Turns out, my ears are pleanty fine, it was the crap i was listening to it with. *cough* Bose *cough* SonyStyle *cough*

icon10.gif

Just got my HFI780's in about 30mins ago, they defiantly need some break in, like 400hrs worth. haha Still, i can tell this setup is gonna be one hell-of-a rig.
icon10.gif
atsmile.gif

Cable is wayyyyy to long though. Darn, i guess i have to recable them now... X-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back