interested in helping a cable DIYer out?
Jan 24, 2005 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tsplash75

100+ Head-Fier
i am scared to order some starquad cable and f-09 and f-12 connecters from US suppliers, not because of the shipping costs, but because of the duty and brokerage fees.

i'm just curious if there is anyone out there willing to go to bat for a nice canadian guy and pick up the stuff locally and ship it to me as a 'gift'. i'm willing to pay a premium as long as it's not as costly as the duty and brokerage i would have to pay otherwise.

besides, i would rather the money be in a fellow head-fier's pocket than some scummy brokerage firm.

Jan 24, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Seeing as your location is Vancouver, BC, you could always drive to Westlake Electronic Supply, which is located in Seattle. They have a good selection of Canare Starquad and Canare connectors.

Jan 24, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 4
RP Electronics (http://www.rpelectronics.com/) sells Canare Star Quad (although it's pretty expensive) and also some Neutrik/Switchcraft plugs. If anyone knows where to get Canare/Belden cable for relatively cheap in Canada/Vancouver, please tell me!

Jan 25, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 4
thanks to all who PM'd me and offered to help out.

this time around i'm buying some el-cheapo plugs and braiding my own litz wire, so i won't need the aid.

i hope you don't mind in if keep a record of you nice guys and gals for future endeavors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back