interested in good sounding music
Apr 14, 2010 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Alexmb

New Head-Fier
I love listening to music im really in to Rock and a little rap. i want to invest in some good headphones with maybe a portable amp. Total budget is around 200-300$ I know since i don't have a system i need something less than 32 Ohms. Would Grados be right for me?

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 9
Whats your budget for headphones? The beyer's t1 are awesome cans. Otherwise go for grados (Grado RS1) or denons.

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 9
I think in that budget range it would better to put all of your money into a good, easy-to-drive phone and just get the Fiio E-5 to start.
Grados are great for rock but probably not as much for rap. Overall, though, I think grados would be a great option.

Apr 14, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 9
Given your musical tastes (if you like bass), you might consider Beyer DT770s and if you can DIY, a Mini^3.

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #6 of 9
If you want the best headphones for rock, the answer is very simple, Grado.
With your budget, you may opt for SR60/SR225 or if your richer RS1. Then, lets rock on!!!

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #8 of 9
The lower end grado's are not as amp dependent until you get up the RS1 tier and up.

You can run the k702's without an amp but you're not going to get much out of that investment. My friend did this exact thing, and ended up selling his in less than a month.

Considering your music tastes lots of people like Grado's sound for they complement those genre's. Another headphone to consider is the Denon AH-D2000 if you like bass.

As far as amps go, lots of people go with the uDac for its cheap pricetag. I've never had experience with one but i've seen plenty of members say it does perform well given its low price.

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #9 of 9
Yeah well i think i might pick up a pair of grados but by the end of summer i plan over the next 5 months to collect a macbook pro and a nice amp then maybe upgrade my headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back