Interested in a building a CMOY......
Dec 8, 2003 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nameless

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm interested in building a portable cmoy pocket amp to complement my cd player or mp3 player. I'm familiar with the bare basics of circuitry (i.e voltage, current, resistance) through taking some physics. I've read up on tangent's article on building the amp, but I'm still sorta confused. I've also read over the original article for the amp. Although for the life of me I can't match up the circuit diagram on the orignal article's to tangent's.

Could someone post pics on how the circuit is supposed to look like in real life (basically how the circuit amp looks from the bottom of the board)? I'm also confused on whether the solder or wiring is used to connect the different parts of the circuit (i.e the power supply and the amp section).

Sorry for the newbish questions, any help would greatfully appreciated.

Dec 8, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #4 of 7
I've read the article over a few times but still not confident about doing it. I'm looking to see how the overall circuit connects (basically the bottom of a cmoy protoboard to see how the circuit is connected together and using what).

Dec 8, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #5 of 7
When you look at the pdf for the amp. Most of the wires you see are on the bottom. they don't have to be, it just looks nicer that way.

Just go for it, it is an easy amp to build. I am not using mine anymore since i built my MINT, but i will again someday
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2003 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 7
Chu Moy's amp schematic shows just one channel. Also, I use a dual-channel chip, whereas CMoy used two single-channel chips. These may be the source of your confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back