Interest in mini-to-mini interconnects?
Mar 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ambchang

500+ Head-Fier
I currently found a few good deals on solid copper wires and teflon sleeves, and I am looking to give a little back to the community.  I have soldered quite a few interconnects for myself, and sold a couple here for $40 each (it costs me a lot because I wasn't buying in bulk), but I have never sleeved cables by hand before.  I would appreciate the input of those who have sleeved their own cables in the past, and let me know the tools, skills and insights.

I am looking to get these wires, as well as a bunch of switchcraft plugs, and start soldering these interconnect cables.  Of course, I am not going to put myself in the red for this, and would like to know if people are interested in buying these short 2/3-inch cables for about $20 each before I source the components.  I have little use of 90 feet of cable and 50 switchcraft plugs.  I figured I can sell about 25 of these for me to breakeven, and I will throw in the labour for free.

From what I can tell, these are high quality OFC cables coated in silver, and the switchcraft plugs are of high quality.  Interconnects of similar quality mostly go for $40 to $50 each on ebay.

EDIT:  Some clarification, you don't have to pay anything or confirm anything.  If you are interested, just post in this thread, or PM me so I have a rough idea about the number of people who will be interested before I start ordering stuff.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi! Having recently gotten a portable amp for my Westone UM3X, I am in need of some good mini-to-mini cables
smile.gif
I am definitely interested, thanks!

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 6
I use painter's tape on the ends of cables to create a cone of sorts that will enable me to sleeve the cable easily without snagging.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 6
Cables and plugs ordered.  Will take me a while.  I will probably have about 6 to 10 available at the end of the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back