Interest Check: Twin Cities Meet
May 30, 2003 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm in Bloomington, and as I would not volunteer anybody else's place for a meet, let's start talking about having it at my house. I'm looking for input as to weekend or weekday, who would be interested, what equipment you could bring. Assuming good weather, I would plan to burn some meat (red, white, and finny) by the pool and maybe we could turn it into a potluck cookout (yah, sure) for the side dishes. Everybody gets to be happy, but nobody gets to be goofy. Furthermore, two spaniels, no waiting. What do you think?

May 30, 2003 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 34
I'm in.
smily_headphones1.gif

I can bring my Stax Signature System II (SR-404 headphones, SRM-006t driver unit). If somebody gives me a ride, I'll bring more stuff (if needed). I've listed all my stuff in my profile. Let me know if there's anything there of interest.

Jun 3, 2003 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 34
Hello!

If you wouldn't mind me coming along, I could bring my LDF Audio mistral CD Player and Marantz 1060 (that I use for the senn 580's). I'll have to see the dates and whether I would be able to make it, but I am certainly interested!

Thank you Old Pa for offering to invite us to your house! I suppose I could figure out something to bring to a potential potluck.

Jun 8, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 34
Okay, guys, I just got back from SD and the Spaniels' Spring Vacation and have at least a week's worth of catching up. A few points:

1. We've got three responses so far; I figure we need at least a dozen responses to get 6 to 8 people to actually show up and make it worthwhile. Tuberoller won't even show up for less than twenty Head-Fiers (joke!)

2. My #2 CD player just stopped recognizing CDs and is going into the shop tomorrow. Even when that gets back in a couple of weeks, we are going to need several more sources to make this thing work.

3. If this becomes a "go", I am going to need some ages and dietary restrictions. I'm not cooking stuff people can't eat and I'm not serving beer to minors.

4. I can't both host this and provide area transportation. I can't provide lodging.

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

1. We've got three responses so far; I figure we need at least a dozen responses to get 6 to 8 people to actually show up and make it worthwhile. Tuberoller won't even show up for less than twenty Head-Fiers (joke!)

A dozen might be optimistic. There were some other people in the Minnesota thread. Maybe those are still interested.

Quote:

2. My #2 CD player just stopped recognizing CDs and is going into the shop tomorrow. Even when that gets back in a couple of weeks, we are going to need several more sources to make this thing work.

I can bring at least two sources (CDP + DAC).

Quote:

3. If this becomes a "go", I am going to need some ages and dietary restrictions. I'm not cooking stuff people can't eat and I'm not serving beer to minors.

OK, but no need to worry about that yet.

Quote:

4. I can't both host this and provide area transportation. I can't provide lodging.

springofdark offered to give me a ride, so I can bring more stuff. (Let me know what.) I'm planning to bring Stax SRM-006t amp, Stax SR-404 headphones, Sony CDP-X5000, Doxa 014 mkII DAC, META42, Renaissance Audio Blue Standard (silver) analog cables (2), Renaissance Audio digital cable. I might also bring a Gilmore Dynamic amp, if I finish it.

Jun 9, 2003 at 11:49 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Jupiter
A dozen might be optimistic. There were some other people in the Minnesota thread. Maybe those are still interested.
springofdark offered to give me a ride, so I can bring more stuff. (Let me know what.) I'm planning to bring Stax SRM-006t amp, Stax SR-404 headphones, Sony CDP-X5000, Doxa 014 mkII DAC, META42, Renaissance Audio Blue Standard (silver) analog cables (2), Renaissance Audio digital cable. I might also bring a Gilmore Dynamic amp, if I finish it.

There is always some slippage between "interest" and "attendance"; let's see if there's enough interest. Otherwise, sounds like some interesting gear and different from my stuff.

Jun 15, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 34
If you guys have it, just let me know when. I'm in Des Moines, but I get to the Twin Cities at least once every two months. I went to school up there and that is where my best friends live. I will bring the Sony MDR 10s, Cary 303/200 cd player and a couple of amps.

Jun 16, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #10 of 34
I've been watching this thread for a few days, and I figure it's about time I chime in. I would like to attend such a headphone meet if it were to work out. I could probably bring a few things, so just look in my profile and let me know if you see anything interesting.

Jun 22, 2003 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 34
I'm still interested as well although I'm sure I don't have anything worthy to bring. Certainly nothing that can compete with a R10! I could bring my computer tower with a Revolution installed just so everyone can hear how 320K MP3s sound with ultra good phones, but that's about all I can contribute. No need to worry about alcohol since I'm 21, but not much of a drinker. Heck, I'm not a meat eater either so you wouldn't have to worry about me consuming any of your resources!

Also sorry about the lateness of my reply. I actually had to forbid myself from visiting head-fi for a week so I could focus on school work!

Oh yeah, and as far as availability I'd be free for anything past the 4th of July weekend.

Jun 24, 2003 at 3:07 AM Post #12 of 34
If there will be some good sources like the Cary present then it might be worth it to drive up from Madison. I can bring a Grado HP-1, AT W1000, and an EMP. Any idea on the date yet?

Jul 3, 2003 at 2:38 AM Post #14 of 34
I could be interested if the meet is held sometime after labor day.

If I;m able to get there, I could bring my HD580s, StefanArt Audio Equinox cable, Corda HA-1, and possibly my Sony SCD-C555ES sacdp.

Jul 3, 2003 at 1:44 PM Post #15 of 34
Depending on When! I'm willing to Drive from La Crosse WI,

I'll bring, California Audio Labs Tercet MK IV CD Player ( would like to try out a DAC if some one is willing to bring one) / Analog II inter conects / X feed / ASL MK II OTL / HD600s (stock cable)

Since some one mentioned labor day, I'll be in Lakeville AUG 1st and 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back