Interest check: Philadelphia meet, September 2006
Jul 1, 2006 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Febs

Headphoneus Supremus
There have been some sporadic posts about having a Philadelphia area meet. Let's see if we have sufficient interest to plan a mid-September meet. Two months should give us plenty of time to plan if there is sufficient interest.

(The poll is set up so that you can select multiple dates.)

Jul 1, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 34
Canman once said we might be able to use his office on Market Street in Center City. If we have interest, I'll check with him to see if that offer is still open. Any other suggestions are welcome. I do like the idea of a meet in Center City.

Jul 4, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Canman once said we might be able to use his office on Market Street in Center City. If we have interest, I'll check with him to see if that offer is still open. Any other suggestions are welcome. I do like the idea of a meet in Center City.

If Canman's place doesn't work out I have a few options I could explore. One in Philly, one rather outside it but within driving distance. Nothing (at all) concrete, but possibilities.

Jul 4, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 34
definetly interested...would need to be later for me to attend...the 17th is my b-day and it will be the big 30 so difficult to think that i will be free to do something i want?!?

October would actually be best...if there is any interest in Allentown I can host at a free location...it's roughly an hour from Philly...with gas these days it might not offset any costs regardless.

Jul 4, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsabo
If Canman's place doesn't work out I have a few options I could explore. One in Philly, one rather outside it but within driving distance. Nothing (at all) concrete, but possibilities.

I have a place that we could use in Collegeville, but that's also a bit out of the way, so I'm hoping that a Center City option will work out.

Jul 11, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #10 of 34
I'm a bit surprised, actually, given the apparent interest that the last Philly-area meet thread generated. Perhaps starting this thread during a holiday week wasn't such a good idea.

Jul 11, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #11 of 34
I'm down but don't have a preference of dates yet. Need to see what's going on that month first.

Jul 12, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #12 of 34
I'm into a meet. I don't see any issues using my office, but I have to double check with my boss first. A bonus with the office district is that there is usually available street parking on the weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back