Interest Check: NY Area Fall Meet
Sep 16, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #17 of 45
Yes, I am up for another NYC Fall Meeting. The Harrison place was fine, but so is the hotel in Bayside. Is the date positive? Looking forward to it. Scottsmrnyc

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #18 of 45
I'll have to see how my schedule works out, but I'm a tentative Yes.

The location was very convenient for me coming from MA, since I didn't have to go into the heart of NYC. I was at the last one, and I found it very noisy.

I'm not sure how well a 'quite hour' would work, but it's a suggestion.

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #19 of 45
Wishes it were around thanks giving so I could go ><

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 45
I'm in if the date is the 14th. Maybe that'll give me a convenient date to shoot for for my beta 22 completion as well.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wishes it were around thanks giving so I could go ><

That's always been a debate. You can try to hold it on one of the Thanksgiving weekends to get the out of towners. You might get 5 that wouldn't have made it otherwise, but you may lose just as many locals to travel and family commitments.

In the end I thought you could accomodate more people by staying away from Thanksgiving week.

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #22 of 45
Thats true, I realize that. I would even come down before thanks giving (I go to school in boston) for the weekend (My aunt lives in Rye) if it weren't for midterms. Maybe next year or some other time =(

Sep 17, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #23 of 45
Maybe you can make the spring meet in Bayside, Scott.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottsmrnyc
Is the date positive?

As soon as I have a solid 20 attendees I'll reserve the hall. Untill then everything is tentative. I would say it's 90% positive.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #25 of 45
I'm in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #26 of 45
I'll do my best to swing it and see if I can't rope in the usual NH/MA crew I roll with. Selfishly I prefer the Adria since it's a shorter drive but it's not a deal breaker and I'll definitely have to run the date by SWMBO.

Sep 18, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll do my best to swing it and see if I can't rope in the usual NH/MA crew I roll with. Selfishly I prefer the Adria since it's a shorter drive but it's not a deal breaker and I'll definitely have to run the date by SWMBO.

Hold on.... the knights of columbus is a shorter drive than the adria..........

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hold on.... the knights of columbus is a shorter drive than the adria..........

Perhaps I am thinking of the wrong location, the only other location in greater NY that I went to a meet at was a good 45 minutes out onto LI and definitely took longer to get to.

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #30 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps I am thinking of the wrong location, the only other location in greater NY that I went to a meet at was a good 45 minutes out onto LI and definitely took longer to get to.

Yeah, Nate, this is the one North of NYC, so I think it should be a bit shorter for you.

Was this the one with the dance lessons?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back