Interest Check: Maryland/Jersey/Pennsylvania/Virginia Central East Coast Meetup?
Feb 3, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #61 of 80
I'm an interested party currently in the DC area (Maryland).  Like others, I don't have much gear but will bring what I have.  I'm also in a one bedroom apartment, so hosting is out of the question.

As far as interest is concerned, we might want to consider making a new thread announcing that there actually is a planned event.  After all, this is an "Interest Check" thread that was created several months ago.  If people know that an event is actually going to happen soon, we might be able to drum up some more attendees. 

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #63 of 80
and there won't be unless someone takes the bull by the horns, hence the several suggestions made in my earlier posts.....

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #64 of 80
If you guys will come to my neck of the woods (Morristown area, in northern New Jersey) then I'll find a place and set something up.

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #65 of 80
Hey guys,

I placed a request for a conference room at the Fairfax City library between 1pm and 5pm. on Sunday 20th (unfortunately the 19th was all full).  I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I hear back.

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #66 of 80

Quote:
and there won't be unless someone takes the bull by the horns, hence the several suggestions made in my earlier posts.....

I know, I tried. The local libraries yielded no results and the two other prospective locations are too small. I will try to get something planned for late summer. 

Quote:
Hey guys,

I placed a request for a conference room at the Fairfax City library between 1pm and 5pm. on Sunday 20th (unfortunately the 19th was all full).  I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I hear back.

Please tell me how that goes. I may not be able to come on this day but I will certainly try. 

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #68 of 80
I might be able to attend if one takes place in Fairfax. I am semi-close to Winchester, VA.

As far as venues...has anyone considered looking at local fire departments? Most volunteer departments have a "bingo hall" that can be rented and used for events and they would be large enough for sure. Only thing would be the cost of renting one which could easily be covered if everyone attending chipped in a few bucks.

Feb 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #69 of 80

Quote:
Hey guys,

I think I can do this (though if it's a holiday weekend something may come up)  - I'm in Alexandria.   I have to admit I don't really have much gear with me at the moment either.

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #70 of 80

genious idea since I haven't been able to find a place anywhere - but I did just look into Rayco Sounds and it looks like they are closed - like every other hifi place that was in the area.  I guess all we really need is at BestBuy.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
This is from Grado's list of dealers. Just go to companies' websites and find dealers. 

AUDIO VIDEO SOLUTIONS

301-953-7242

LAUREL

MD

HUNT AUDIO

301-733-4962

HAGERSTOWN

MD

RAYCO SOUND

301-253-1333

GAITHERSBURG

MD

SOUNDSCAPE1

410-889-1134

BALTIMORE

MD

SOUNDWORKS

301-929-8600

KENSINGTON

MD

THE LISTENING ROOM

410-239-2020

UPPERCO

MD

Stansbury A/V

410-987-4311

Millersville

MD

Feb 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #72 of 80
So the Fairfax City library accepted my request.  I have a conference room reserved for Sunday, February 20th from 1 to 5 pm.  It's not a huge room, but it has a large meeting table and it can accommodate 10-12 people, which is probably more than what I think will show up.

Now, if people would only confirm.

Feb 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #73 of 80
Thank you very much, I will PM the Head-Fi'ers who were interested. I may not be able to come though, but I will surely try.

Also with the Capital Audiofest, I messaged them and asked if they were interested in having any Head-Fi'ers attend with some gear. 

Should I start a new thread since we have a venue and date now?

Feb 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #75 of 80
I'd be in to come out for a couple of hours, I'm in dire need of trying some new headphones. I don't have many of my own, will that be a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back