Interest Check: Maryland/Jersey/Pennsylvania/Virginia Central East Coast Meetup?
Jan 24, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #46 of 80
Make it a Sunday and I will be there, I work Saturdays.

Drew

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #47 of 80

Quote:
Count me in!! At least two of my co-workers will ride up from Charlottesville with me. Glad to see this happening and happy to help however I can.

We have plenty of mid-market portable gear (Amp/Dacs like Nuforce, Headphones, interconnects/power) along with some home theater components.

What do you think about creating a group on Meetup.com? Might get some more exposure... let me know your thoughts and I'll do the rest.

That sounds good since it seems to be difficult to really organize people since some email me, some PM me, and other just comment on here. Thanks!

Jan 24, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #48 of 80
Okay guys, it will either be the 19th or 20th, you guys decide. I will say that I may have plans on the 20th so my vote is for the 19th.
The venue will be the George Mason Regional library in Annandale it seems. How many hours do you guys think will be a decent amount? 
Change in plans, the library doesn't have any spots open for more than 2 hours. CDewey is trying to find a venue now. Should have reserved the spot earlier. D'OH!

Also it seems we have 6 Head-Fi'ers interested! 
AmanGeorge
BebopMcJiggy
CDewey
vherr
s4parke
and me of course.

I guess now we should make a list of gear. Once again EMAIL ME at mralexosborn@gmail.com so I can send out info easier and more promptly.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #49 of 80
Hey, I might be interested depending on what my schedule looks like as the meet date approaches.  I've got pretty minimal gear (see signature) but would love to get a chance to listen to some high-end audio as start to grow my collection!

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #51 of 80
Checking into a couple of places.   I should have an answer by the weekend.   I'll update when I have something concrete.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #52 of 80
Quote:
What do you think about creating a group on Meetup.com? Might get some more exposure... let me know your thoughts and I'll do the rest.

going off site is not a good approach, imo. use this as your msg center to keep the chat head-fi focused! this has worked well for 10 yrs now. if you're not getting adequate response go dig up threads about past meets in your area and reach out to some of the folks that were involved with those. perhaps they'd be interested in attending or maybe you could even enlist an experienced person's aid in setting this up.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #53 of 80
I wish I could help, but I'm a bit overwhelmed at work right now.  I get periodic emails from the Sennheiser/Yamaha rep that was at the meet at Myer-Emco.  I haven't saved his contact information though.  Next time he emails me I can find out if he can host the meet.  Their offices are in Sterling. 

BTW, 2 hours is pretty short for a meet.

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #54 of 80
I agree with daveDerek actually. We have an okay amount of people, and that was within a day.

Also many thanks to CDewey for looking for a venue. We figured that 2 hours is too short for a meet so libraries are not an option. Feel free to contact any VA/DC/MD Head-Fi'ers to attend. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #57 of 80
I would unfortunately be unable to make any meet in February, but I would be very interested in a meet in the late summer/early fall time frame. I could possibly even host. My condo building has a lounge that can be reserved for up to six hours that can easily hold 20-30 people or maybe even more. I am in Rockville, MD for reference.

Obviously this is very far in advance, but something to keep in mind.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #59 of 80
if there are only a few folks you may just want to have a mini-meet at someone's house. they can be fun and informative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back