Interest Check: Maryland/Jersey/Pennsylvania/Virginia Central East Coast Meetup?
Jan 3, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #32 of 80
I'd be interested - I suggest reaching out to local libraries as a good starting point if nobody has already

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #33 of 80
There's a library right around the corner from my house in Beltsville, MD. 
o2smile.gif

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #34 of 80
If someone really doesn't want to take the initiative, then I'll check with my "local" library. There's one in Centreville, VA. It is 40 miles away but I go to Centreville regularly on weekends and such. But before I attempt to call or start to set anything up, I would like a head count so I will be able to give them a rough figure, and when you guys want me to "reserve" a spot. I am 15 years old, so my power is limited, but if none of you are willing, I don't mind at least calling.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #35 of 80
I'm interested in another meet.   The meeting room in the Annandale Library we had last year was decent.   We should look into that room again.

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #38 of 80
I would be interested in a meet.  Living in Gaithersburg atm.  Currently don't really have a setup.  Only a monstrous PC with an Asus Xonar STX and a pair of senn PC-350.  Source is mainly Zune marketplace media.  Overall the setup is decent, but the 350s leave a lot to be desired.

I would love to here a HD800 / RS1 / PS1000 / T1 / T5p as well as SS vs tube amps.  I intend to upgrade here soon but my lack of experience with other brands and general inability to demo locally have held me up.

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #40 of 80
Hi Alex,

I live in Fairfax, so a NoVa/ DC / Marylandmeeting will work for me as well.   February would work for me except the last weekend, I will also be around all March.  I can bring my current setup (Benchmark DAC1 Pre + PS1000).  It would be great if we can make this happen.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #42 of 80
I think the venue will be the George Mason Regional Library in Annandale. The date will be the 19th of February.
So far I have three members down. I want to have a minimum of about six, I think. I'll call tomorrow about reservations.
After that then I will compile a list of gear, people, etc.

If you are interested please PM me or email me at mralexosborn@gmail.com.

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #43 of 80
I'll have to check my calendar, but I think I can be there. Put me down for a definite probably.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #45 of 80
Count me in!! At least two of my co-workers will ride up from Charlottesville with me. Glad to see this happening and happy to help however I can.

We have plenty of mid-market portable gear (Amp/Dacs like Nuforce, Headphones, interconnects/power) along with some home theater components.

What do you think about creating a group on Meetup.com? Might get some more exposure... let me know your thoughts and I'll do the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back