Interest Check: ChiUniFi IV
Aug 9, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #16 of 67
on 79th right off of cicero, super easy to get to from 294 or i55. i want to look at the place first cause i heard its not no 5 star hotel but might be good for a meet. used to be called Caesars inn years back i think its called days inn now.
i am going there tomorrow, if its dirty then i will call Holiday Inn in Skokie unless someone else has a location idea? The hotel is located in Burbank which has lots of cops in the area, this is not a place where crime has a chance to happen. and this place has a huge parking lot also. i know there are meeting rooms there cause a few of my lighting production people threw parties there..haha

Southside hotels have a weird charm to them, great for parties (esp the all night drinking parties i used to have), small and laid back staff, cheap as hell to rent meeting rooms, but its an experience to stay overnight forsure.

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #17 of 67
sounds good billy!  if the south side place doesnt pan out, what about the holiday inn in Elmhurst?  Its really easy for everyone to get to, as it is basically at the intersection of 294 and 290.  and its far enough west to avoid downtown traffic.  plus, people from the south and west wouldnt have to drive so far.  good mid-level travel for all. Just a suggestion.  keep those updates coming!!

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #18 of 67
Hey Billy,
Is the lounge's basement still a possibility? I thought that was just the right size and rent should be reasonable (unless it's not yours anymore).

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #22 of 67
Billy,

Thanks for taking this on. I beileve I know the hotel on the south side your referring to, as you mentioned it a long time ago, and seriously bro that place is freaking ghetto. The reason why there are a lot of cops is because its freaking ghetto, I am sure the old caesars had some major prostitution issues which is why it got closed down. No offense as I know you live close by but with all the expensive equipment I wouldn't feel comfortable with that location. Skokie holiday inn is awesome for chiunifi though and would love to come out for sure.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #24 of 67
Hello Everybody,

I have been away from Headfi for a few years and have just started getting back into headphones. I would love to attend this event!

I'd be coming down from Madison and willing to carpool if someone needs a ride.

Aug 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #26 of 67
ok Ryan is right, i went there and yes its perfectly small and cute but i wouldnt stay over night (unless it was an all night drinking party, age dont change some things i guess.)

so besides Skokie, any ideas? one for a Elmhurst  location. what about a small banquet hall next to a small hotel? like allot of family owned restaurants have small banquet halls inside them so maybe one close to a small and decent hotel can do?
or do we all want to go back to Skokie?

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #27 of 67
I'll vote for elmhurst for the selfish reason that skokie is really far away from me.
ph34r.gif

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #29 of 67
Billy I would recommend you finding a place that you know of personally or have used in the past, and that you are comfortable with organizing. We will support wherever you want it to be and the majority of us will probably make it out there with a smile on our face. So if you want it at the Skokie holiday inn like before I think everyone would be fine with it and we would enjoy ourselves. If you have a better place that you are ok organizing than by all means go for it.

Aug 13, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #30 of 67
I echo this, although it should go without saying that we all support chiunifi no matter where it is.  its not about the where.  its about the who, and what.  great people without attitudes, and great gear.

Quote:
Billy I would recommend you finding a place that you know of personally or have used in the past, and that you are comfortable with organizing. We will support wherever you want it to be and the majority of us will probably make it out there with a smile on our face. So if you want it at the Skokie holiday inn like before I think everyone would be fine with it and we would enjoy ourselves. If you have a better place that you are ok organizing than by all means go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back