Interest check:: Chi-Uni-Fi 6.5 November 17th 2012
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #47 of 66
Getting hold of billy is tough.  this seems to be the lynchpin.  if the room hasnt been reserved yet, it may be tough to make a big meet happen.  we may be looking at another mini if anything.  all we really need is a room to set up in.  anyone have time to make some calls?

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #48 of 66
There is a possibility that I can reserve a space at the studio I teach at in Western Springs.  The room itself is in a community center, and about as big as the room at the hotel.  I've sent an email out to see if I'm aloud to use it.  its a good size space, I think it would be fine for a group our size.  The best part is that we wouldnt have to pay for it.  at least I dont think so.  The lady who runs that room is a good friend.

anyone think that power would be a problem?

would people be interested in this?  I dont think there would be any raffles though, unless someone can pull that together in a month.  lol.  It would be about gear, which is better anyway I believe.

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #49 of 66
There is a possibility that I can reserve a space at the studio I teach at in Western Springs.  The room itself is in a community center, and about as big as the room at the hotel.  I've sent an email out to see if I'm aloud to use it.  its a good size space, I think it would be fine for a group our size.  The best part is that we wouldnt have to pay for it.  at least I dont think so.  The lady who runs that room is a good friend.

anyone think that power would be a problem?

would people be interested in this?  I dont think there would be any raffles though, unless someone can pull that together in a month.  lol.  It would be about gear, which is better anyway I believe.

It sounds like a good alternative. It is not as far north as Northbrook. Power can be a concern as most people need 3 or 4 outlets.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #50 of 66
Quote:
It sounds like a good alternative. It is not as far north as Northbrook. Power can be a concern as most people need 3 or 4 outlets.

I'm still down. It may be me plus one. What kind of studio is it?

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #51 of 66
Quote:
I'm still down. It may be me plus one. What kind of studio is it?

Its a studio where you go for private music lessons.  But the room we would be in is actually used as a senior center.  the more I think about it, it would be a perfect room.  I would just need people to bring some power strips and extension cords if they have them.

but lets not jump the gun.  I expect to hear from the head of things tomorrow.  may not even be an option.  

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #52 of 66
I volunteer 2 power strips (sorry they're not audio grade!)... Western Springs would be a boon for me since I live on the SouthSide.  Any news on the senior center?  We wouldn't be disrupting the local competitive bingo league?

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #53 of 66
Quote:
I volunteer 2 power strips (sorry they're not audio grade!)... Western Springs would be a boon for me since I live on the SouthSide.  Any news on the senior center?  We wouldn't be disrupting the local competitive bingo league?

Thats the spirit!!  I've got a half yes for the room.  I'm waiting to hear from the head lady.  From what I can tell from the schedule, I think the room is empty on saturdays.  So I dont think there would be any rioting handbags thrown at us.

If this works out, there is a great irish pub right in downtown western springs.  We could all go for a bite and a couple brews afterwords.

in fact, if this works out, I'd love to do more of these.  large or small.

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #54 of 66
Sounds good Keith. Keep us updated.

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #55 of 66
Quote:
Thats the spirit!!  I've got a half yes for the room.  I'm waiting to hear from the head lady.  From what I can tell from the schedule, I think the room is empty on saturdays.  So I dont think there would be any rioting handbags thrown at us.

If this works out, there is a great irish pub right in downtown western springs.  We could all go for a bite and a couple brews afterwords.

in fact, if this works out, I'd love to do more of these.  large or small.

I think I would prefer a location like this. 
BTW, what ever happened to everyone chipping in to get some food at meets? Not in the mood to over pay for some so-so hotel bar chow again.  

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #56 of 66
Would this place be accessible by train or other public transportation?  I don't have a car which is why downtown Chicago tends to work better for me.  I might be able to borrow a car for the weekend.  

I like the idea of food and beer as well.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #57 of 66
Quote:
Would this place be accessible by train or other public transportation?  I don't have a car which is why downtown Chicago tends to work better for me.  I might be able to borrow a car for the weekend.  

I like the idea of food and beer as well.

Yes.  very easy.  the train drops you off right at the western springs station downtown.  the studio is about 3 or 4 blocks from the station.  very easy.

you would take the BNSF (chicago to aurora), getting off at the western springs station.

I'll make some phone calls over lunch, see whats going on.  love to get this set up and done.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #58 of 66
Quote:

I think I would prefer a location like this. 
BTW, what ever happened to everyone chipping in to get some food at meets? Not in the mood to over pay for some so-so hotel bar chow again.  

if this happens, we could bring food to the room no problem.  lots of stuff in the area.  but lets cross that bridge later.  

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #59 of 66
Ok.  We're clear.  Room is available, and i've reserved it.  So have we decided???  is it a go?

Here's the address info so people can see where we're talking about.

4211 Grand Avenue,​

Western Springs, IL​

If everyone is hip with this location, we just need to see who's coming, and what they are bringing!

Steve, should we start a new thread?  or keep it here?

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #60 of 66
Quote:
Ok.  We're clear.  Room is available, and i've reserved it.  So have we decided???  is it a go?

Here's the address info so people can see where we're talking about.

4211 Grand Avenue,​

Western Springs, IL​

If everyone is hip with this location, we just need to see who's coming, and what they are bringing!

Steve, should we start a new thread?  or keep it here?

I would say to do ahead and post a new thread since it is a go.  Why don't you also set up a Facebook event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back