Interest Check: Canada Meet?
May 2, 2006 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

The_Duke_Of_Eli

Headphoneus Supremus
It's nice that the national meet has been held, but unfortunately many of us could not make it to the big meet. I'm seeing if there's interest in a Canada-wide meet, and more locally one in Ontario. I'm not saying a Central Canada meet because that would seclude others in Canada or even from the states. It would most likely be held in Toronto so I could easily find a large room and organize it. Time frame is either one fuly day in July or August and if there's interest then of course a date will be reached collectively. I know there are alot of people who missed the recent Toronto meet as well, and it gives a few months if people had gear changes. I know that I had changes. Post in this thread and we'll see if there's enough interest. Thank you.

May 2, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 20
im in...not going to get much different gear than last time...something though
biggrin.gif
and i got to see the love you gave for the HF-1 again LOL ill take pics about those monments this time
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 20
I'm in. Not too much fancy gear here either, but maybe things will change before the summer. When are you expecting your headfive?
basshead.gif

May 2, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
I'm in. Not too much fancy gear here either, but maybe things will change before the summer. When are you expecting your headfive?
basshead.gif

Well, I'm still considering the headfive but if I get some HF-1s the headfive will most likely folow. Comon guys keep posting let's have a meet.

May 2, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #7 of 20
I'd only go if there was fancy gear I haven't heard.

Biggie.

May 2, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 20
I wouldn't be coming because that's too far away from here, but I think there's probably enough people in that area on here that you could have some sort of meet. I don't know how many people would be willing to travel a long distance.

May 3, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #9 of 20
bump; anymore interest? If there isn't enough interest from the surrounding area I may reduce it to just a Toronto meet.

May 3, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 20
Hi;

Not that I'd expect anyone to change plans for a major meet, but I'm in Toronto Oct 15 for the marathon-be fun to do some headphonific stuff with TO head-fiers. Perhaps I could meet with some of you locals for a mini-matty -meet.

I'm coming by train, so could drag up some toys-my imod and cosmic and other portible amps.

Just a thought.

Matthew

May 4, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #11 of 20
a Canada meet - yes (but only in Toronto, too poor to travel)
Toronto meet - no (but i'll probably go anyways
icon10.gif
)

the Toronto thing happened only a month ago, so if it's in August that's about a 4 month difference...personally i think it's too soon, like what many of us had said, we should at least wait the 6 months to get some new gear.

i dont really check this section of the forums, but my intuition just told me something like this would happen today
tongue.gif

you'd probably have to start PMing many Canadian members to ask them, because i don't think many people check this section also

May 4, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #13 of 20
Actually, Tyll approached me at the National Meet about Headroom possibly attending a meet in Canada sometime in the next year.

I haven't followed up with him to work out the details yet. I'll be holding a fair sized meet in June sometime, but that is probably too short notice to start involving manufacturers.

May 4, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #14 of 20
Damn, I'd love to come to a meet in Canada... dying to hear some of the cans I'll never be able to afford. How about doing it in beautiful Montreal, you Toronto cats need a break from all that smog anyway
tongue.gif

May 5, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #15 of 20
it'll be interesting XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back