Interconnects?
Jun 26, 2003 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jeff Cansell

New Head-Fier
Getting my first headphone amp (Corda HA-1) in a few days, to go with a Cyrus dAD3Q.

Any particular rules regarding Interconnects with headphone amps?

I've got DNM Reson currently (standard recommendation with Cyrus kit ...).

Thanks

Jun 26, 2003 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 8
Listen to CRESCENDOPOWER.

Jun 26, 2003 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Jeff,

That is Tom's way of saying that he agrees with my previous statement above. There are no hard, and fast rules when it comes to interconnects. Everyone has different tastes, and requirements in what they look for in an interconnect. That is why there are hundreds of different manufacturers of interconnects. Try out as many different brands as you can, and keep the pair that you like best. Then, come back to Head-Fi, and tell all of us how great they sound in your headphone setup.

Jun 26, 2003 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 8
CRESCENDOPOWER - Thanks (I didn't connect what he said with your post ... wasn't looking at the names).

I was wondering whether a headphone amp had any electical charactistics (different to 'other' components) that made particular types of interconnect (solid core/shielded etc) a better choice.

Jun 26, 2003 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 8
Jun 26, 2003 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Cansell
I was wondering whether a headphone amp had any electical charactistics (different to 'other' components) that made particular types of interconnect (solid core/shielded etc) a better choice.

No, however most people do want some type of shielding. I would leave the designing to the engineers, and use my ears as the ultimate test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back