INTERCONNECTS. HELP!
Mar 8, 2008 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

braddo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all. I have a talisman T-35hp amp with a ROTEL RCD1072 CPD. At the moment using TARALABS 300i IC's and wanted to know what IC's would liven/brighten the sound more? using K701's. Thanks everyone!

May 16, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 8
Hi Braddo. Try using Chord Cobra 3 interconnects!

I also have a Talisman amp (T-3H) connected to K701s and am using an Arcam CD93 as my source.

I have experimented using different RCA cables between my source & amp and have found a noticeable difference between them.

Here are my results -

Ixos 1002 Gamma - this was my original rca cable & is used with other gear in my hi-fi system. Sounded ok but seemed to lack any deep bass or have that top end 'sparkle'.

Van den Hul 102 MkIII - an old but good quality rca cable designed to tone down brighter sounding systems. This sounded much fuller in the bass compared to my Ixos cable but still sounded 'dull' in the higher frequencies.

Chord Cobra 3 - expensive.... but worth every penny! Has a very detailed, dynamic sound with good deep bass and a wonderful top end 'sparkle' that was missing with my Ixos cable.

May 20, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 8
check out audio metallurgy.
the ga-0s are quite lovely. I was using audioquest, diamondback to start and then columbia's. they were nice but the audio metallurgy's kinda destroyed the audioquests. They're beautiful and on audiogon you can get them for an amazing deal, every week they auction off a few pairs in a few different lengths and since it's an auction put on by the manufacturer you get a 30 day trial. In the end I found they simply opened things up, there was more music to be heard then the audioquests could present and the ga-0's could.

working with a wavelength audio brick, music hall MMF 2.2 (soon to upgrade to a clearaudio champion w/unify arm), clearaudio basic phono, denon pma2000ivr (waiting on a headamp GS-1) and akg k701's getting RAL rewire (hopefully will arrive(soon)), dahlquist dqm9c (getting woofers on dqm9's rebuilt)

May 25, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About those low-mass RCA connectors, how does one go about soldering them? It seems awkward to get a good solid connection if the wire goes all the way through.

If the tip his hollow, the easiest way would be to shove the wire into the tip, use the iron to heat the tip near the end, and feed the solder into the tip where the wire enters. The heat will pull the solder in. If these are vintage make sure they're clean first, maybe use some extra flux, and use 4% silver solder.

I'm starting to source parts to make some DIY 4ft solid silver balanced interconnects.

Jun 16, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 8
any updates on those SILVER ICs ?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back