Interconnects for Genelec
Feb 21, 2007 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cortes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
a couple of Gennis 8020 are shipping to my home
icon10.gif

I must buy for them a XLR (male)-XLR(female) and a mini-XLR cables. The question is the following, is OK to buy cheap $10-20 interconnects, or should I drop some more $$?. BTW, if I must go for more expensive wires, they should be brands available in Europe.

Best.

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,
a couple of Gennis 8020 are shipping to my home
icon10.gif

I must buy for them a XLR (male)-XLR(female) and a mini-XLR cables. The question is the following, is OK to buy cheap $10-20 interconnects, or should I drop some more $$?. BTW, if I must go for more expensive wires, they should be brands available in Europe.

Best.

Probably the best deal on made to order balanced XLR interconnects that are constructed with quality cable and connectors is Blue Jeans Cable. They use Canare connectors and Belden or Canare cable. A 6' XLR is about $35 shipped in USA, depending on what you choose for cable. Mini to mini is the same price, right angle or straight.

Feb 22, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlhm5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably the best deal on made to order balanced XLR interconnects that are constructed with quality cable and connectors is Blue Jeans Cable. They use Canare connectors and Belden or Canare cable. A 6' XLR is about $35 shipped in USA, depending on what you choose for cable. Mini to mini is the same price, right angle or straight.

mlhm5,
thanks for the help. They look indeed quite interesting, I'd only wish the prices+shipping of the UK store were the same as in the US one.

Best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back