Interconnect with a warm sound under $200
Oct 23, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 25
ServinginEcuador, I searched the forum and looked like Virtual Dynamics is better known for its power cord than interconnect. What kind of tonal signature does this IC have?

So far AZ WOW seems to be the one (thanks wasifazim!) Of course I'll probably try outlaw as well since it's cheap. Does anyone have more suggestions? Please let me know!

Anyone has used Kimber Hero? It's not silver and I've read review saying that it's not as bright as SS and PBJ. I'd like to rule it out before going for WOW. After all, WOW is quite a bit more expensive than Hero.

Oct 23, 2002 at 6:54 AM Post #17 of 25
Gergor,

You got me there! I don't own one, just thought I would recommend them to you. I have a Reference IC on order, and will let you know about that if you want.

If you follow the thread on the VD power cords you will see how much others think about their ICs also. DarkAngel, bkelly, and many others have been buying and upgrading their ICs to more and more expensive units. Even after DA said he didn't want to change his over he ended up going to their top of the line Nite series! Says something for the company when these people have switched everything in their system over to VD products. ICs, power cables, digital cables, and speaker cables.

Just my 2 cents.

Oct 23, 2002 at 6:06 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

I have a Reference IC on order, and will let you know about that if you want.

Yes, pleeeeease.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

If you follow the thread on the VD power cords you will see how much others think about their ICs also. DarkAngel, bkelly, and many others have been buying and upgrading their ICs to more and more expensive units. Even after DA said he didn't want to change his over he ended up going to their top of the line Nite series! Says something for the company when these people have switched everything in their system over to VD products. ICs, power cables, digital cables, and speaker cables.

Opps, I missed it. I'll check it out now.... Thanks.

Oct 24, 2002 at 11:32 AM Post #20 of 25
You may want to consider a Cardas Neutral Reference. That will definitely give you the smooth warmth of copper with the least amount of murkiness. It'll max your budget, but if you look on Audiogon, you should be able to find used pairs right around $200.

Another one that you'd probably like is the Totem Acoustic Sinew. Problem being they're $280 new, and while used ones go for $150, they're rarer then a blue moon.

Oct 24, 2002 at 12:13 PM Post #21 of 25
I use the Cardas Quadlink between the art dio and Earmax pro. I think they are great, definitely warmer than the outlaws while still preserving much of the details..

if you're looking to make you system warmer, the Cardas are fine interconnects for that purpose.

Oct 24, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #22 of 25
I should have seen it coming, I'm already looking at more and more expensive cables.
biggrin.gif

I read kelly's review on JPS Labs Superconductor FX, look interesting. kelly mentioned it sounded like Tara Labs Air3, which according to wasifazim, is very good. Would anyone who has used the JPS comment on this?

Oct 26, 2002 at 2:34 PM Post #24 of 25
FYI, I posted my review of the WOWs on this board and over at AA. I am sure if you do a seach here you will find it. It is an excellent cable. Highly reccomended.

I am currently reviewing the Mapleshade Ultra Ribbions and I am very, very impressed. For a $150 cable it is so very balenced and offers most of what you would get for much more cash . But you will have to wait till the review is posted (on Positive Feedback) for all the deatils....

good luck, jb

Oct 26, 2002 at 5:11 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Owen Meany
FYI, I posted my review of the WOWs on this board and over at AA. I am sure if you do a seach here you will find it. It is an excellent cable. Highly reccomended.

I am currently reviewing the Mapleshade Ultra Ribbions and I am very, very impressed. For a $150 cable it is so very balenced and offers most of what you would get for much more cash . But you will have to wait till the review is posted (on Positive Feedback) for all the deatils....

good luck, jb

Thank! I found and read the review after wasifazim recommended it. In fact, I ordered it a couple days ago, should arrive next week.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish I'd heard about Mapleshade Ultra Ribbions earlier. Well.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back