Interconnect Impact on Electrical Waveform Lab Support/Donation Thread
Oct 22, 2008 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

myinitialsaredac

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all,
In my previous post here -http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f133/r...tudent-368745/ I discussed an experiment I was interested in conducting.

Unfortunately, I am unable to supply the various interconnects I need for the experiment and have sought help in you, the head-fi community. My attempts to spark interest in donations and support is first and foremost getting quantitative data on whether or not cables impact an audio chain. The second major point is the table beneath, it will list and thank donators/supporters. Companies, this is a major opportunity to step up and prove to the community that you are there for the audiophile community.

What I need:
I need interconnects of the same length, I have decided upon 3-feet (or 1 meter) as this seems to be the average length of cable between equipment.

How to help:
Donors are those people who do not want the interconnects returned, I will be using these as checks to make sure the results are accurate over time.
Supporters are those who specify they want their interconnects back. I am more than happy to ship them back to you.
Please specify whether or not you want them returned.

Contact: If you wish to donate or support please contact me at Darkstar3240@Gmail.com or send me a pm here on head-fi, I will then supply you my shipping address.

Special Thanks to Donors:
Meat01 for the Paper Clip ICs and possibly Coat Hanger ICs
Picture of the interconnects:
Paper Clip ICs
Paper Clip ICs Closeup
Digger945 for the BNC to RCA and RCA to Dual RCA adapters
Picture of the adapters:
Adapters

Special Thanks to Supporters:
Craig for the many ICs
Pictures of the ICs Craig sent along

Special Thanks to Companies:
Special Thanks to Ken Ball and ALO Audio for their support (ALO Audio)
Pictures of the Interconnects:
Interconnect A
Interconnect B

Special Thanks to George Cardas and Cardas Cables for their support (Cardas Cables)
Pictures of the Interconnects:
Golden Reference
Microtwin B
Not sure, definitely not a Cardas cable, just something else to test

Results are up and can be found in the OP here - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f133/i...rm-lab-368745/ and also on the sixth page.

Regards,
Dave

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 22
UPDATE: Going to be going over the equipment on friday, and if the equipment has switchable power cords will be conducting another simultaneous experiment to test them with cords from Golden Monkey.

Cheers,
Dave

Nov 3, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 22
UPDATE: Just received an email from Ken over at ALO Audio, seemingly just in time to show that the big cable guys are willing to prove their worth. Special thanks Ken, hopefully others will follow in your footsteps!

Dave

Nov 4, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #13 of 22
UPDATE: Wanted to share how impressed and overjoyed I am with the help people have given and the willingness of the community to support this experiment. Special thanks to Scott for filling in the oddball pieces I needed and was going to drop a solid amount on.

Dave

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #14 of 22
Update: Got my first set of interconnects in from ALO audio today, I put some links to pictures up under the companies area of them. I also got word from George Cardas from Cardas Cables that he is sending along some cables for me to test.

Dave

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 22
Very cool Dave. I'm glad this experiment if moving along fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back