Interconnect for Grado rig
Dec 11, 2008 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

iamitman

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for Interconnect cable and power cable to use with my Ear+HD with RS-1 phone.Want to spend around 180$ for interconnect and 100$ for power cable.I'm listen mostly to Pop some Rock and Few Vocal.

Suggest me please.

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 23
Dec 12, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamitman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello I'm looking for Interconnect cable to use with my Ear+HD + Rs-1 can you suggest me? Thanks

I'd suggest a used VD Nite 2.0 or 3.0, or even a VD Master 2.0 if you can find one at a sufficient used discount. I've been fortunate finding used VD Interconnects for highly discounted prices on Audiogon. With the Ear+HD and a good Grado, they allow the sound to come through with an amazingly lifelike presence. For reference, what IC are you using now?

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd suggest a used VD Nite 2.0 or 3.0, or even a VD Master 2.0 if you can find one at a sufficient used discount. I've been fortunate finding used VD Interconnects for highly discounted prices on Audiogon. With the Ear+HD and a good Grado, they allow the sound to come through with an amazingly lifelike presence. For reference, what IC are you using now?

Now I use AudioQuest Columbia I got very warm sound from it.But I think Aq is best for vocal song not for pop and rock.

Umm...

How about Nordost or Cardas

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Now I use AudioQuest Columbia I got very warm sound from it.But I think Aq is best for vocal song not for pop and rock.

The VD Nite allows the sound to come through that is there in the source, so the palpable fullness and lifelike presence of the musical voices comes through across all musical genres, among which would be vocal, pop and rock.

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #6 of 23
I get by just fine with a Kimber GQ-Cu mini-mini in my SR325i rig.

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

How about Nordost or Cardas

Both are regarded cable vendors, so safe choices.

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 23
There is nothing like safe choice, no matter the price. For Grado - Oyaide PA-02 if you want thick, sweet and not utterly detailed sound. Acrolink A6N-2400II for lots of air-based detail, naturality and swifty refinement. Signal Cable - I tried their best Silver with copper bullet plugs and it's, hmm... nothing special. The higher the better, smooth and thin like silver, nice, bright midrange, dry bass and precise highs but again, nothing spectacular overall, mainly due to narrow soundstage.

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both are regarded cable vendors, so safe choices.

Safe but probably overpriced. I usually look for the best deal I can find on audiogon. What areas do you want to improve in your set up? and what's your budget?

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Safe but probably overpriced. I usually look for the best deal I can find on audiogon. What areas do you want to improve in your set up? and what's your budget?

Audiogon ?? it's look like good choice. some of cardas or nordost have been half price in that.

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard of fake cardas in audiogon though...

Yes I've heard that too. I heard audioquest and cardas have fake but how about Nordost? does this brand have fake cable?

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Other comment?

What kind of source are you using?

I'm using the same amp/headphone combo and found the powercord to have less impact on the Ear+ HD than tuberolling. I'd suggest using your powercord budget either on upgrading your source powercord or investing in some different tubes to tweak your listening experience.

For ICs, i've used Cardas 300B and Cross, as well as diy ICs, with the Ear+ HD. In my system, the Cross sounded the best --> Warm, but still detailed enough.

My current tube is a NOS 1950s Sylvania 3mica BlackPlate (cryoed). To me it sounded better than the NOS GEs and RCAs i've tried.

Hope this helps. But i really do recommend tuberolling if you haven't already. I'm guessing you'll get your greatest returns there.

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back