Interchangeability of Canalphone tips?
Oct 25, 2005 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Turbo7MN

Head-Fier
I know the tips from the Sony EX series, the panasonic RP-HJE50, and the RP-HJE70 are interchangeable. I would like to know if the tips from any other IEMs (specifically tri-flanges) would fit on my HJE70s. I'm getting a little bored with the sound of my HJE70s, but I don't want to but anything new so I'm looking to see if there are any different tips that could give me a different sound. What about the Ety ER6i tri-flanges?

-Darren

Oct 25, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 19
I don't think they fit. Is the HJE70's nozzle the same size as HJE50's? If so, they're big compared to a ER6i. No go.
tongue.gif
Shure's e2c's nozzle is bigger than ER6i's, you might want to check them out.

Oct 25, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 19
Yes, the HJE70 uses the exact same tips as the HJE50. I threw the other models in there incase someone had tried it before on any of those.

How much bigger is it? I'm pretty good at making things fit, it is possible cutting a little bit of the tri-flange tip would make it possible to get on? Really, it would actually be nice if the tips were tighter, I've read horror stories on here about how they got a tri-flange tip stuck in their ear so I'd prefer that the tip be a little more difficult to remove
smily_headphones1.gif

In the meantime, I'll see where I can find a pair of Shure flanges. Thanks.

-Darren

Oct 25, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 19
I may have made a mistake there. I think Shure doesn't have a tri-flange for the e2c. Their tri-flange are for e3, e4 and e5. (Smaller nozzle) How about foam tips? e2c has foam tips and you might be able to fit them into the hje70s.

I'm not sure about the nozzle size of the e2c. But i know that it is bigger than the other Shures. Shure's tri-flange can fit Westone's UM series and they're a very tight fit for the ER6i.

I really have a hard time picturing you trying to fit a shure/ety tri-flange onto the hje70. Maybe you can superglue the S,M and L size tips together to make a tri-flange.
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 19
Ah yes. The super.fi's should fit. I remember telling someone from another forum this. He wants to fit foam tips onto his hje50. Can super.fi's foam tips fit a panny as well?

You guys are innovative!

Oct 26, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 19
slightly off topic, but not too far as many of you are talking about the superfi tips. does anybody know where you can buy extra double flange tips for the superfi pro's? other than from UE. I am in toronto and they want 40 bucks in shipping to send the tips!

Oct 26, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 19
Hey, how about the ER4 tips? Theres a guy selling them really cheap on ebay and maybe I'll give them a shot. Does the ER4 use the same sized tips as the ER6? I found a thread on another forum where someone managed to squeeze ER6i flanges onto a set of HJE50s, so I'm pretty confident that I can do it. All I need to know is if these are the same as the ER6i tips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8225798113

Oct 26, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 19
What we need is some enterprising head-fi'er who will buy and stock lots of all the different tips and we can go there to find out what's compatible with what, and if you only want one pair, you could order them cheaply instead of getting ripped off by UE every time.

Any takers?
etysmile.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo7MN
Okay, I answered my own question with a bit of searching. I did misread something though and the guy used ER6 bi-flanges instead of the tri-flanges. Do the ER6 and ER6i use the same size tips?

I am not sure as i don't own a ER6. But Ety says that the tips a not interchangable.

Looks like the super.fi's tips are your best bet, but i haven't got a clue where to buy them besides UE's site. I heard they charge megabucks for shipping.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back