Integrated Amp or Reciever?
Apr 12, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 17
If you are looking at the NADs, also look at the Rotels. I have heard good things about them.

If you want to go up in price, the Creeks are supposed to be pretty good, and come with a headphone out. There are add-on modules for MM and MC phono, as well. Nice all-in-one solution - and they also offer a reasonably priced tuner.

I believe there are some posts on this forum about the quality of the headphone out, but I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

Apr 13, 2005 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 17
I have an NAD 304 integrated amp from the mid 90s. I used to use it with NHT SuperZeros and I thought the combo sounded great. I also used it with some NHT SuperTwos (another great sounding combo). I think a newer NAD integrated amp would go great with your SB3s.
cool.gif

If you need something more "bells & whistles," like a remote, there's a Pioneer Elite integrated amp (model a-35r) that got some interesting reviews (audioasylum and here?). I think that runs for under $200...

As for Rotel, I have a Rotel HT receiver and it now makes my NHT SuperTwos sing quite nicely too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back