Integra Type-R?
May 28, 2002 at 1:41 PM Post #16 of 22
I recently watched the Best Motoring video on the 3 Type Rs (Japan spec Rs: Integra, NSX, Civic). They even compared 96 ITR v. 98 ITR. The 98 had some head polishing done with machines that is more precisce than done by hand.... but due to slightly different gearing they had equal 1/4 mile times.

Why didnt I take a loan out a few years ago and get one of the ITRs?!?!?!

kelly, your story is a very sad one. How long were you with the R before she passed away?

I have not heard anything about the RSX in R being available.... whishful thinking.

I do know the Evo VII is coming to US though, that should be a sweet ride (but may have reliability problems).

And is the STi coming also?

May 28, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #17 of 22
Only about a year. In that time I think I managed to set a few records for Dallas exchange cornering and Dallas<->Shreveport times.
smily_headphones1.gif
Never got to take it to the track, though.

May 29, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
frown.gif

Again, sorry kelly. Any chance you'll get one in the future? So, what does ITR stand for?

uhhh

I ntegra
T ype
R

I won't own another high profile car. I considered buying a WRX and replacing the hood with a standard non-scooped hood and trying to "stealth" it down.

May 29, 2002 at 3:42 PM Post #20 of 22
uh, if you didn't notice, there's a scoop on the hood for a reason.. an intercooler resides directly under it.
biggrin.gif

i understand the whole theft thing though, that's one of the main reasons why i'm keeping my wrx all stock. none of that ricer ****. only attracts unwanted attention, theft, and wrecks the car of years of performance and good gas mileage. especially in this area..

May 29, 2002 at 4:08 PM Post #21 of 22
The intercooler intake is better placed closer to the ground anyway. The scoop is cosmetic.

May 29, 2002 at 8:25 PM Post #22 of 22
Actually the scoop isnt cosmetic on the WRX. It is on the Impreza-RS, however. The intercooler is placed on the top because the Impreza platform is built for rally racing, not the typical road racing of other turbos. Dirt and mud and rocks and dangerous objects routinely hit the bottom of the car so having the intercooler low to the gorund is not an option. THen again this is the road version of the Impreza. It is cheaper to leave it the way it is. Changing the placement of the intercooler would take quite a bit of work and/or research on your own so taking the scoop off would not be such a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back