Inteference with ibasso ipod line-out dock and interconnect
Jan 7, 2009 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lepetitchat

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I bought a ibasso D2 and it arrived 2 days ago.

I also bought ipod line-out dock and the CB01 3.5mm interconnect from their website, to use with the amp.

At first it was working fine (I thought so) but now there is a lot of "interference" or static (crackling, popping and fuzzyness) coming through.

I don't know anything about amps or electronics or anything like that but if I had to guess I'd say the problem is with the dock and the interconnects rather than the amp.
I disconnected the amp from the line out dock and plugged the earphones directly into the dock to see if there was still interference, there was but not quite as bad.

Is this kind of thing normal or is there a fault with my ipod line-out dock and/or interconnect?
Is it possible that there could be some dirt in my ipod line-out/USB socket?

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 5
Try another lod/source. Perhaps the lod is bad/went bad.
I like my D3 with a cd source. But try it with your computer as a DAC and see if you get the same problem if you don't have any other interconnects.

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies.

It works fine as a DAC with no interference, which reinforces my theory that the ipod line-out dock and not the amp is at fault.

I tried plugging out my wifi router and listening but it didn't have any effect, good or bad, as far as I could tell.

Sorry but what is a lod? Line-out Dock?
redface.gif

I don't have any other Line-out Docks to try, unfortunately.

I tried a different ipod incase my ipod was the cause of the issue but if anything it was even worse; the noise was like a detuned radio complete with loud buzzing.

Is it worth my while sending the dock back to ibasso?; it cost 16 USD but I'll have to pay to ship it back and all the hassle ivolved I couldn't be bothered.
I'll have to buy another dock I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back