Instrumental (only) interpretations from Anonymous Notre Dame School's music
Sep 27, 2005 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Edil

Head-Fier
For a long time I have been looking, with out much luck, for instrumental interpretations (no vocals/choirs) of the music from Anonymous Notre Dame school. That was after listening to:

Joan of Arc: Musical Revelations
Hudson Chamber Ensemble - Chacra Music

In particular track #2 - Veri Floris Sub Figura is the best example of what I'm looking for.

I will also appreciate your comments and recommendations with any other, reference quality, instrumental only (again no vocals/choirs), interpretations of medieval or renaissance music CD, for example I have these two:

Carlos V: La Canción del Emperador
La Capella Reial de Catalunya

Most of the tracks are vocal/instrumental arrangements but track #2 - Dit le Bourguygnon, is very interesting and exactly what I'm looking for.

And

Instampitta II
New York's Ensemble for Early Music

In particular track #1 - La Quinte Estampie Real

TIA!

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edil
I will also appreciate your comments and recommendations with any other, reference quality, instrumental only (again no vocals/choirs), interpretations of medieval or renaissance music CD, for example I have these two:

From Savall:

La folia
Fantastic, easy flow, music.

and
Entremeses del siglo de oro (This is vocal and instrumental).

I have a lot of cds of savall but not the one you name. Just an excerpt in other 'Harmonie Universelle' (it came with the Alia Vox catalog)
In Naive there are a lot of reeditions of savall cds perhaps 'El cancionero de la colombina' and 'El cancionero de palacio' are another good choices.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 6
EDIT: Double post

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shosta
From Savall:

La folia
Fantastic, easy flow, music.

and
Entremeses del siglo de oro (This is vocal and instrumental).

I have a lot of cds of savall but not the one you name. Just an excerpt in other 'Harmonie Universelle' (it came with the Alia Vox catalog)
In Naive there are a lot of reeditions of savall cds perhaps 'El cancionero de la colombina' and 'El cancionero de palacio' are another good choices.

I listen to the samples of the first one and it sounds very good. The second one saids to be SACD, sorry I forgot to mention that I'm looking for standard CDs only
frown.gif

Muchas gracias for the information!
cool.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edil
I listen to the samples of the first one and it sounds very good. The second one saids to be SACD, sorry I forgot to mention that I'm looking for standard CDs only
frown.gif

Muchas gracias for the information!
cool.gif

It's hybrid, i have it and play in my standard cd player.

¡¡¡De nada !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back