Instrumental-ish hip hop
Dec 10, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Thanks for the heads up-im always looking for good instrumental hip-hop.
Can you compare this to anything else?

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 8
Definitely liking these mixes. Nice find!

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #5 of 8
Usually your best finds are on DJ forums. Most notably, the breakbeats...i.e. REAL breakbeats, meaning you can BREAKDANCE to it. Those are things you can definitly tap your foot to...

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 8
yeah, it was actually a DJ friend of mine who turned me on to him; I think he found him through Hype Machine. I just threw his myspace page up there for a good (free) sample.

honestly, I can't think of anything to accurately compare him to, except maybe some Aphex Twin or Autechre combined with Herbaliser or Prefuse 73. his style reminds me of parts of a particular Aphex Twin remix single for Ventolin, which at times was similarly heavy and complex, but with a hip-hop beat running through it.

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #7 of 8
I just bought two of his albums off iTunes:
- Certified Air Raid Material
- Crying Over Props for No Reason

Apparently there are a couple albums in his iTunes section albums that aren't actually his... Must be some confusion with iTunes tagging. I don't have a full impression yet of how good the albums are, but I liked the samples enough to buy.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 8
Damn you guys I can't afford new music right now. I have a few recommendations for instrumental type hip hop.

Colossus

Super Jazzy it's an aquired taste for sure but good none the less.

RJD2

RJD2 is a british producer he is half of the Rap duo Soul Position. Amazing hip-hop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back