Installed Topping D90 drivers... now have no functionality.
Feb 27, 2021 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

silent-circuit

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title states. Got the Topping V5.0.0 driver, installed it, restarted the machine, unpugged and re-plugged the D90. Nothing. Integrated speakers work, no sound out of the D90 (and it does not appear in the device list for Tidal, etc).

I have the blue TP "Topping USB Audio Device Control Panel" now in the system tray, but it doesn't see the DAC.

DAC worked fine before drivers, I just thought (perhaps wrongly) I might get better sound quality with it. Instead I got no sound.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also installed ASIO4ALL and no change. Please help.

EDIT2: Uninstalled the driver, machine still doesn't see the DAC, D90 turns itself off after a short idle period (sees no signal). Again, please help. Considering I bought this from Shenzen Audio, which took almost 2 months (actually over two months) to get it to me, I REALLY don't want to have to look in to RMA options. This seems to be a software issue, but I don't understand it at all.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 3
I plugged a different USB cable (in fact the one that came with the D90) in to my desktop, which previously it worked fine with... and yeah. NO DEVICE APPEARS.

Again, PLEASE HELP. This is insane. I literally installed the intended, approved driver...and it broke my equipment.

I CANNOT POSSIBLY BE THE FIRST PERSON TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE.

To be clear, I was about to wipe and clear the laptop, but when it's doing the EXACT SAME THING connected to the desktop with do driver ever installed on the desktop.... I don't know what to do any more.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Well, power-cycling the D90 a couple times, uninstalling the drivers and restarting the machine a couple times has at least got us back to square one.

Not sure why the drivers didn't work, though. If anyone has ideas please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back