Inspire IHA-1 tube headphone amp
Jan 18, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #331 of 343
That's the main power transformer, and that is not normal behavior. Some transformers do exhibit a bit of mechanical vibration and hum which is considered normal for them, but not at the level you're suggesting. What tubes are you using at the moment? It's possible to push the transformer over its limits with certain rectifier tubes that draw too much current. If it's doing this with the stock tubes or with any 6SN7 and 5Y3 combo then I would be reaching out Moon Audio or Dennis for support.

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #332 of 343
That's the main power transformer, and that is not normal behavior. Some transformers do exhibit a bit of mechanical vibration and hum which is considered normal for them, but not at the level you're suggesting. What tubes are you using at the moment? It's possible to push the transformer over its limits with certain rectifier tubes that draw too much current. If it's doing this with the stock tubes or with any 6SN7 and 5Y3 combo then I would be reaching out Moon Audio or Dennis for support.
Yes its independent from the tubes, it also happens with the stock ones. Thanks for your confirmation, I reach out to them.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #335 of 343
Hello Morning,

0. Who has experience LCD 4 with Inspire IHA-1 tube?
1.Drives well?
2. There is enough power? (11/12 oclock for example)
3. Are the default stock tubes good? Or uprgrade to 6SN7

Is it possible to extract the technical capability of LCD4, like low end and the soundstage? some microdetails?
For the 200 Ohm, this tube amp is good?

Thank you

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #336 of 343
Hello Morning,

0. Who has experience LCD 4 with Inspire IHA-1 tube?
1.Drives well?
2. There is enough power? (11/12 oclock for example)
3. Are the default stock tubes good? Or uprgrade to 6SN7

Is it possible to extract the technical capability of LCD4, like low end and the soundstage? some microdetails?
For the 200 Ohm, this tube amp is good?

Thank you
Anyone?

:)

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #337 of 343
I dont have LCD 4s. But I drive my Argons and the Aeons 2 with the IHA-1 very nicely. I don't feel there is a lack of power. However when I'm on the IHA-1 at 12 I'm with the Wa22 or Mogwai SE at around 10. Just make sure you get the Lundahl transformers.

I also got the upgraded tubes. If you don't want get into tube rolling get them, otherwise you will go on your hunt anyways.

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #338 of 343
I dont have LCD 4s. But I drive my Argons and the Aeons 2 with the IHA-1 very nicely. I don't feel there is a lack of power. However when I'm on the IHA-1 at 12 I'm with the Wa22 or Mogwai SE at around 10. Just make sure you get the Lundahl transformers.

I also got the upgraded tubes. If you don't want get into tube rolling get them, otherwise you will go on your hunt anyways.
Lundahl transformers will improve the power right?

My concern is the 200ohm impedance from the LCD4.

I read some reviews and everyone talked very well, from low end to highs.

I think this amp is the best choice compared to Wa6-SE.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #339 of 343
Lundahl transformers will improve the power right?

My concern is the 200ohm impedance from the LCD4.

I read some reviews and everyone talked very well, from low end to highs.

I think this amp is the best choice compared to Wa6-SE.
I tried a bunch of headphones on it, also some higher impendence ones like the HD6xx and never run into an issue. I think its a very versatile little amp which reacts very nice with different tubes as well.
No experience with the Wa6-SE though.

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #343 of 343
How does the inspire compare to bottlehead crack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back