inside K701
Feb 16, 2007 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

onocentaur

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone taken the earpieces of the AKG k701s apart? The cable seems a bit... flimsy, and I wondered whether it would be worth recabling. Do the ear cushions just pull away? I'm reluctant to try without knowing it'll work...

Feb 16, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 7
ear cushions are "Twist-off" (rotating about 15 degrees counter-clockwise)

*Note - the 'thin' section of the ear cushion goes towards the front, the thicker, more-padded section towards the rear

Mar 24, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the assembly drawings...most helpful. I have just pulled mine apart using these and now can see no problem rewiring. Fancy using the headband rails to feed the R/H cup, how naff is that. Yet they sound so good. I am getting Silver Dragon for my HD 650 and could use my ZU Mobius for the K701 would this be a good move, and it would save me selling on the Mobius...any comments please.

Mar 25, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 7
I havnt got a balanced amp though, so for now I am thinking of using my left over Mobius , surely should be much better,as I am going to S.D on my HD 650. Here I am listening for differences with interconnects on these cans, and one pod is wired through the rails....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back