Inserting Ety's in the wrong direction
Jun 8, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_98
One picture says more than hundred words...

biggrin.gif

(if inserting left)
moisten tip
open mouth
grasp lower ear lobe with right hand and pull down and out
insert ety up (upward angle) into ear. It should slide in like a dream.

I'll try to take a pic in a bit.

Jun 8, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #32 of 58
A pic would be great....
i just picked up a pair of these and as of now they sound horribly bright and tinny with no hint of bass. I can't really figure out how to insert them any differently though..

Jun 9, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by KidA
A pic would be great....
i just picked up a pair of these and as of now they sound horribly bright and tinny with no hint of bass. I can't really figure out how to insert them any differently though..

Try using the foamies. They are much easier to get a seal. For me, I prefer the Tri-flange with the smallest flange trimmed off.

Jun 10, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #34 of 58
Pictures, pleeeeease !
etysmile.gif

Jun 11, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #35 of 58
No one ?
confused.gif

Jun 12, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #36 of 58
Please, show us !
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #37 of 58
Yeah good try. I find sometimes there are really simple as well as valuable hints around, but nobody mention it. (like the right way to wear most earplugs ,e.g. E888)

My experience about er4 is just puting it inside, and adjust the angle until I fell nice. That's exactly what this respectable dude mentioned.
lambda.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #38 of 58
A little picture of the right inserted Etys would really be appreciated ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #40 of 58
I think this has been mentioned before but a good trick with the Etys is once you've inserted them into your ear give them a slight tug. If you can feel a bit of a vacuum there then you've definitely got a good seal.

Tug a little on the left, a little on the right and the 'equalization' comes so quickly that you'll be in bliss in no time!

I think many people insert them upwards without thinking about it, in terms of the way the stem is designed (with the angle) you tend not to stick them in horizontally per se...

Jun 16, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #41 of 58
My Etys should arrive tomorrow... so please please send a little picture of the right insertion
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #42 of 58
Something else I found that really helped the fit, comfort and sound of the etys when using the rubber tips is using oto-ease. You can get it from your local audiologist/hearing aid dealer and it's pretty cheap. I think it's a bit more sanitary than the ol' lick it and stick it method.

Jun 17, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Anyway, I tried inserting the 4P's pointing slightly upward and this fixed my problem! I now get a good seal everytime and nearly all the discomfort is gone! The bass now sounds consistantly good everytime I use these things.

What an outstanding suggestion!

I had been using my Ety 4Ps for over a year now. Until now, I thought that I was achieving a good seal. Since implementing your recommention, I now consistently get a great seal with no discomfort at all. As you mentioned, the bass now sounds consistently great everytime I use the Ety's.

Thanks again for posting this.

Jun 17, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_98
[...]So please please send a little picture of the right insertion
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok Here the right way Plug upward and cord strait downward
[IMAGE]
Etyplugright.jpg

Here the wrong way plug strait in with cord that come out at 45º

[IMAGE]
Etyplugwrong.jpg

EDIT: Ok Both are the wrong way because the red earphone suppose to go into the right ear
wink.gif
Immagine it blue that the right way
biggrin.gif
The smilie is wrong also
etysmile.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #45 of 58
Thank you very much for the picture, posted "just in time" : my Etys arrived this morning, I have to finish some work, and then ...I'll try them !
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back