Input on Cresyn LMX-E630?
May 21, 2006 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sgrossklass

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm still searching for something with a wee bit more isolation than my current portable cans... the Philips HP460 may have better tonal balance, but in terms of isolation it did not really improve upon the K26P (if at all) and is not too comfy. Looking at some inexpensive canalphones, I found I can get the Cresyn LMX-E630 (DS version) for less than 20€ shipped. Now I didn't find much in terms of impressions or even reviews of these, which is why I'd be grateful for some input from folks who own or have used them. How do they compare to EP-630s? If this kind of canalphones doesn't cut it, I'll probably have to bite the bullet and save up for some IEMs (ouch@wallet).

May 21, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 6
Sound quality wise, they're great. Nice highs, forward mids and tight bass. Among the budget in-ears, it got one of the clearest sound. As for it's built quality, i think it's not too great. It's cables are a little thin, especially the right earpiece's. The major issue with them is its fit. Not easy to achieve a seal due to its large 'ball' design. The supplied ear tips are bad. (To me at least!) But you can use Sony's or other similar size ear tips on them.

I'm in Singapore and these are widely avaliable here these days. I've recommended them to many people at another forum. While many enjoyed and like the sound, the ear tips gave them problems. Many resort to using their old EX71's ear tips or buy replacement Sony ones. You can fit E2's foams on them too.

If you prefer a bassier sound, get the EP630. E630 have much less bass (But not thin to me) but a little more balance sounding, clearer and has slightly more details. I will give the Cresyns the slight edge over the Creatives. These are cheap and I think they're worth a try.
eggosmile.gif

I got the RL verson.
tongue.gif
Notice the 'ball' and the huge plug.
DSC02047640x480.jpg

May 21, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
I'm still searching for something with a wee bit more isolation than my current portable cans... the Philips HP460 may have better tonal balance, but in terms of isolation it did not really improve upon the K26P (if at all) and is not too comfy. Looking at some inexpensive canalphones, I found I can get the Cresyn LMX-E630 (DS version) for less than 20€ shipped. Now I didn't find much in terms of impressions or even reviews of these, which is why I'd be grateful for some input from folks who own or have used them. How do they compare to EP-630s? If this kind of canalphones doesn't cut it, I'll probably have to bite the bullet and save up for some IEMs (ouch@wallet).

as afbug had said... it hard to get a gd seal.. but i haf mod the noozle so tt the bass is so much stronger then even um1 due to the tight seal... however the mid and high do suffer a bit... i have to use eq setting to improve the high... but it clarity is a step ahead of EP630... but cable need extra care thou... by the way, i'm from singapore too.. it afbug that recormended it to me.

Jun 24, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 6
For the price, I've been impressed with the Cresyn LMX-630. Nice mids and lows for the price!

With trying different ear tips, a good bass response can be had. I prefer the small ones.

I agree, comfort can be an issue. They can fall out, with a tug on the cable.

I live in korea, so consider them an absolute bargain at $20
biggrin.gif

I'm loving them.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Bump for such a wonderful eaphone with lots of detail and eargasmic mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back