Innuos Statement - worth waiting for?
Jul 6, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 18
Hi Ballistic,

Which mode are you running the Innuos in? I just got a Zen III and plan to run it in combined Roon core and player mode (experimental). Still waiting on Dac to arrive (TT2) before I can comment on sound. My last server was an Auralic Aries Mini.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #17 of 18
Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the Statement to Mac Mini?
Interesting question. You need to look at a Mac Mini with the Uptone Audio mod to run on 12V LPS and stripped back to run Roon IMO. Anything less will be well behind any good server design. But the question is, how far behind is the modded Mac Mini? I will find out soon as have the 432EVO AEON coming in.... The AEON has 2 x LPS external supplies, SOtM OCXO USB output with separate power supply, 2 Gig SSD with suspension mounting, CD drive for ripping (only) and Roon Core pre installed.

Great price at 5K euros. Will report back.

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #18 of 18
I collected the Innuos Statement yesterday and here are my first impressions.

So the big question; was it worth the long wait?...………………...most definitely. I can't believe that my patience nearly ran out and that I was starting to consider alternatives.

The dealer made the comment that compared to their demo unit, the latest Statements have much improved metal casing regarding the quality of the fit and finish. Mine is all in black and is s/n 72
I was surprised by how heavy the psu box is, always a good sign. There must be some beefy components inside (I've seen it mentioned on another forum that the psu contains some large capacitors that may take a while to burn-in. I've no idea if there's any truth in this, but maybe the best is still to come).

I played some of my favourite tracks and they have never sounded so good.
It's hard to put it into words, but for me, the areas of improvement are in the separation, imaging and richness of timbre in the vocals and instruments. Everything just sounds so convincing, real and musical, it's like you are sat in front of a live performance.

I'm not talking about marginal gains here, on my system (Blu Mk2/Dave, Bryston pre/power amps, Kef Blade 2 speakers) and to my ears, the improvement in sound quality is quite significant. I would go as far as to say that the jump is as big as it was going from the Zenith to the SE ( I had an SE prior and absolutely loved it and at the time thought that this was as good as it could get)

It will be interesting to hear other peoples thoughts and reactions now that the first batches have gone out around the world.

To everyone at Innuos, I take my hat off, you have excelled yourselves yet again in creating such an amazing product. How can it get any better than this?

statement-PSU-internal-2.jpg
statement-main-internal-2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back