Inner Ear-damage Monitors (I think I damaged my hearing last night)
Apr 13, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #16 of 18
Thank you for taking the time to write all this, and also, with all due respect, how much did you smoke before you wrote this? :p :p :p :p
almost on the mark... I studied Naturopathy for awhile, and have a 'few years 'of Psych under the belt too...

like many in the sound science sub like to state, that mind state affects hearing,..

when we are scared, we can get pannicky about it,.. (and we 'see' what we are looking for)
a couple of years ago a mate with an 'aftermarket horn' thought it'd be funny to make me/partner 'jump' whilst we were walking down the road.

it made my ear closest the road bleed and was weeks before it 'came better'
he moved put of town before he found out whether I was alright... so I remembered what that time was like...
sometimes we just need be reassured, but we dont see how others can understand what we are actually going through.

for everything I wrote, 'seeking a professional' was in there... but everything in its place.

as the owners of our own bodies', we need to believe in OUR peocess, whatever we choose to do...
I advocate getting allopathic mdecine involved when it can help,.. but there are times where too mich serious talk can exacerbate a problem and/or make a mountain out of a molehill, as well.

helping sometimes means standing back and letting the others do their thing.
I didnt feel I was an expert on the topic, sure, but sometimes just having some sound advice (pun intended) can be reassuring.

i can handle being 'the odd one out'.
sometimes when I look around the room in 'some places', I prefer it even...
I knew I'd piss a few off writing flowery non-science/nonsense... but the circles I prefer to run in, most of what I postulated wouldn't even need be said...(consensus)

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #18 of 18
yes,...

In Australia, the 'counter culture movement', often reffered to as "hippies" historically in media etc, took off to a place called Nimbin (around the seventies I believe)..

Children being children, typically rejecting the values given to them,.. many of the children of these 'peaceful "alternative" sorts' are rejecting peace, love and happiness values they were given.

If ye gonna buy drugs in Nimbin, there was a time you'd want to 'speak to the elders', so to speak.

I suppose, universe having some irony,..
the fact the police raided and removed so much 'pot' from that area (early nineties I believe), gave the zone a whole new problem,..
Travelling pharmaceutical reps gave them a while new social problem, with a high cost associtated..
-that is when the social problems crept in HARDCORE-..

Some of the countries greatest professionals, ex QCs, lawyers and the like, now had fiscal problems, kids rejecting 'the tree change lifestyle' and outsiders calling them 'hippies'..
and it was the latter issue;, outsiders calling them 'hippies' that seems to be the most publicly known social issue, that still generates static to this day.

By all means go to Mardi Grass (an annual event I believe), but don't try to take away from the area what you find there.

a great place to visit!
try the veal,.. oh erm... or the 'non meat' equivalent more likely...
(just dont call anyone there who looks like a 'flower child' "a hippy" (they will probably HATE you for it!)!

Every set of commandments (mostly numbering 'ten') that the various worlds religions have honoured for 'time immemorial' seem to have lines like 'respect elders', 'treat others with respect' etc

how can we teach others to be loving if we are outwardly toxic to those very traits being exhibited.
Reef have a lyric on their wonderful album 'consideration'(? might have some other name, has Summers in Bloom as lead track I believe).." just because I am compassionate doesnt mean I am soft "(not verbatim)

non toxic masculinity can feel challenging, but I encourage any man who feels a need to cry, if in a public space... don't hide thise tears.
children need to see us rolemodeling healthy behaviours.

Joy' (with)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back