inline volume control
Jul 5, 2006 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pddjsteve

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm fixing a pair of headphones for my girlfriend, Kenwood KPM-610. She stepped on the cord and snapped a couple of the really crappy wires.

I'm replacing the cable with 2 of the twisted pairs from a length of cat5, and a neutrik 1/8" plug (the one parts express carries).

The only problem is, they came with a volume control, which broke when I tried to take it apart. I couldn't convince her to ditch the volume control - she wants one. Does anyone have any reccomendations other than hacking a $6 radio shack headphone volume control?

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 4
build her an amp those controlls are horrid.

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Get a volume attenuator like the shure one for about 8$ and it plugs right into the neutrik jack so you can use it or not use it.

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
build her an amp those controlls are horrid.

Yeah. I've been trying to convince her. I think I'm just going to pull a "well, I couldn't find anything that really would work, guess you'll just have to use the volume control on your ipod"
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Get a volume attenuator like the shure one for about 8$ and it plugs right into the neutrik jack so you can use it or not use it.

Yeah, I think that's the route I'm going to go. I just wish she'd drop the idea of needing one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back