Initial impressions of the Taket H2 + TR2
Aug 30, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #31 of 37
Honestly, I don't really know. I suppose that one rule to follow could be the "a good K1000 amp will be a good H2 amp" which seems sensible enough, if expensive. Once experience with them builds up on head-fi we will be able to generate a better picture on what amps do how well. Trends Audio 10.1 or sonic impact super T-amps might turn out to be really good, or really awful. Time will tell.

"Are tubes the way to go?" I've always been puzzled at such a question. There are as many great solid state amps are there are tube ones. My small amp just happens to be a tube one because at the time I could get it for a really good price, if I hadn't been able to, I'd probably have pick the Trends Audio or the Firestone Big Joe/ I bought it early this year with the sole aim of using it to power my Ergo AMT, which it has done far better than the Ergo Amp 1, although not without its faults either.

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #32 of 37
Thanks for that. I always thought that some cans / speakers respond obviously better to SS or tube and that maybe you thought H2 were tube lovers. I don't really have much experience with tubes though, most of my friends have SS amps.

I think I will just try them from the RPX-33 and Rotel RB-991 I have, then take them around to as many stores as I can and try different amps, then of course report back here and share the results.

If I do need a pricey amp I could always sell the RPX-33.

Aug 31, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I've been wondering since Duggeh's review is how bright/laid back these are? Would you call them laid back? Could you place the brightness somewhere among the DT-880, K701 and CD3000? Thanks again.

The Taket has very detailed highs and mids, more even than the K701 or the Sony CD3000. However I hesitate to call them bright as there is no shrillness at all. Also the balance is redressed by the lower end...

By the way, I noticed that most Taket threads end up in discussing amps. I must say that using the Cayin tube amp that I already used for some years to drive my speakers does the job outstandingly. And I suppose that -- provided the TR2 is used -- all amps with sufficient power should be able to (preferences for sound signature / tube / SS aside). Or was I just lucky?

Aug 31, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well guys, I'm out of the group buy...

... because Mr. T just accepted payment for, and shipped, the balanced, updated, prototype H2 and TR2 in the pics. from that deleted thread. Will be here in a week or less.

Looking forward to them!

I am going to try my amps first but will probably end up with a Cayin, after reading about them the last couple days.

Thanks for the help Dennis
wink.gif

Tonic, it will probably still happen I think, be patient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back