Initial Impressions: Little Dot Micro+
Dec 20, 2006 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nsjong

Headphoneus Supremus
First, I'd like to thank George (who shall not be named in user name due to possible SPAM after what I say) for:

Hooking me up with a free LDM+. I'll love you forever.
cool.gif

Anyways, I can't use the LDM+ at the moment due to my IC being damaged but upon my usage, I love the sound. Why? Because it fits so well with the headphones I have: All super bass heavy.

I've paired it up with the following:
AKG K81DJ
Philips HP460
Phillips SHL9500
and misc.

K81DJ:
Of course, these are infamous around here.
IMO, these don't benefit as much as I would have liked it to; they sound too harsh when paired up with the LDM+. The bass tightens up quite a bit but the highs turn too harsh for my taste and this is coming from someone who enjoys LOTS of detail and highs. The soundstage doesn't alter much either.

The mids clear up a bit as well, which I enjoy. Maybe it'll change once I get these recabled but I think I will stay away from pairing these with the LDM+.

HP460:
The lesser known cans, these benefit even less than the K81DJ's. Because these already have a lot of highs and detail going on (especially with EQ adjustment). In my preference, these may stay better without the LDM+. They may suit differently on your listening style.

Also note that [size=medium] I DO NOT HAVE A PROPER LINE OUT.[/size] Thus it may be a reason why these get such little difference. Nevertheless, I like the HP460's the way they sound um-amped.

SHL9500:
These are the ones that majorly improve upon sound with the LDM+. Because The SHL9500's sound very nasal and stuffy, you need to do some major EQ adjustments to make them sound good. (they DO sound pretty good if you do some EQing)

The LDM+ is a perfect partner for nasal headphones the SHL9500's. Everything clears up and just feels a lot better. Highs are more apprarent (the weakenss of the SHL9500's), the bass tightens up a whole lot with these and the mids are clearer because the dark sound is gone. (to those who wanna know, they do sound a lot better than the FX33 and are close to the same price)

CONCLUSION:
Hell, the battery power on this thing is intense. Haven't even recharged since I got it from George and last time I checked, keeps on going.

I love the blinding LED light of death. Pisses people off.
biggrin.gif

IMO, it's well worth the money, the polar opposite of the PA2v2. I love the PA2v2 due to its warm sound and this due to the opposite reason.

Thanks for reading. Have a good evening!
(dedicated to George)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back