Information on DEAFIDELITY DSD2
Feb 24, 2017 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

drscagle

New Head-Fier
I discovered this Mini Desktop DAC and Amp on Amazon.com but could not locate any information about this company or this model here at Head-Fi. It is listed on Amazon.com as "Desktop Mini USB DAC, DEAFidelity Leaf Audio DSD-2 Amanero Mini Digital to Analog Audio Converter, Hi-res 32 bit/384 KHz DSD 256 USB Optical and Coaxial DAC Headphone Amplifier" and I was wondering if this is just a new company or another type of company that should possibly be avoided. Any information about this model, DSD-2 Amanero, would be great!!
Thanks!!
Shawn

Dec 13, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I have just purchased one of these brand new for $49 including shipping, via Amazon. Last one they had at that price. It has now gone back to $105.

What attracted me to it, is the Amanero USB implementation which allows DSD native up to DSD256. We'll see if it lives up to it's expectations. I got this a secondary DAC for casual listening, but it may turn out to be a surprise. I'll post again when I get it.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 3
The DAC arrived today. Nicely built. My laptop recognized it immediately as an amanero combo 384. Listening to some Elis Regina on it to warm it up:
20171216_125554.jpg
20171216_125617.jpg
The beauty of this thing is that I can connect it in place of my Lampizator Atlantic without changing any settings. Very happy so far!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back