Information on Buying the Little Dot Amp
Sep 20, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #106 of 132
I got my LD II and Micro 2 days ago if anyone is interested I can do a review on either. I only have my X-Cans V1 and RA-1 clone to compare them to though.

Sep 20, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #108 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandro
I got my LD II and Micro 2 days ago if anyone is interested I can do a review on either. I only have my X-Cans V1 and RA-1 clone to compare them to though.

I got mine yesterday. I've only listened a little (less than hour so far), but will post impressions at some point, probably in a new thread.

Tom

Sep 25, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #109 of 132
Has anyone done tube rolling with the LD2 yet? This is important as most LD2 owners find them very microphonic. If you have done some tube rolling, how does the 1S5's compare with the stock chinese 1B2's? Will the Russian 4P1L power tube perform better than the Chinese 4P1S?

Sep 25, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #110 of 132
For right now there have been a quite a few issues with faulty capacitors and I think a majority of people are waiting on word of what is going to happen as far as rectifying the issue.

Sep 25, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #112 of 132
Yes, im using a akg k340 with my ld2 and it sounds wonderful. Here are my first impressions from another forum....

Quote:

I have to say upon first listening compared to the perreaux sxh-1, at least to my ears, the little dot 2 stomps all over it and leaves it in the dust. Ive never heard this type of crystal clear sound that my k340s are producing before. Im not saying that my sxh-1s are bad, quite the opposite, they sound quite nice with a variety of phones and my k340s included, but it just doesnt quite do my k340 justice. I mean to me it sounds a little lifeless, like when listening to music and someone has taken the oomph out of the sound. Now, the ld2 restores all this and by a large amount. Im seriously am having fun with my k340s again. Whereas before, i had to dial the perreaux around 2-3 for good listening levels. With the ld2, i just have to dial around 9-10, it is already deafening without sacrificing detail btw. I'll be quite honest, the ld2 just pairs much better with my k340s because it has the power to do so and then some. Ill post further impressions once i get this thing burning....and oh, the micro sounds quite nice too. Congrats to Zunqiu and Mr. Yang for a wonderful product. I hope all that are having problems with the amp will get everything resolved quickly. Good Luck with getting replacements or getting it repaired, im hoping mine will last a long time without giving me any problems.

Sep 25, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #114 of 132
I've been out of pocket the last few weeks. What's this about cap problems on the LD2? Nandro, PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting about your impressions of the LD2. Where are people finding the alternate tubes for the LD2? My second unit has been problem-free for me, but I'm thinking about an LD3 also.

Oct 2, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #115 of 132
has the price been increased now? I see it as $237, does that price include the shipping already?

Oct 2, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #116 of 132
Not sure if that reflects the most recent price as there were issues with capacitors that had to be upgraded. That may cause another price adjustment.

Oct 2, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #117 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed
has the price been increased now? I see it as $237, does that price include the shipping already?

Major price increase, shipping included or not. More than double what I paid. Not to say a properly functioning unit is not still worth the price....

Oct 2, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #118 of 132
Glad I got 2
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #119 of 132
just a friendly, obligatory bump since i just ordered little dot 3. the fact that it may be able to drive my paradigm reference studio 20 in my bedroom is a plus. i'd imagine receiving this and the hf-1 (#300+, I don't really care) at roughly the same time.
orphsmile.gif

listening impressions will follow...perhaps it's time to bite my teeth and order the east sound e5?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back