Information about Sennheiser HD800 connector. [Updated 3/5/09]
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

wnmnkh

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I am writing here instead of that big thread on headphones forum, since probably this may buried and no one would noticed. Move or merge this if you feel this thread is not suitable to be here.

So, after searching, I successfully contacted a company which make HD800 cables for Sennheiser.

After some e-mails, here's what they say about the connectors.

Part manufacturer: ODU
Part #: AXCLOC-PO2BCCO-0001

I just can't find this on internet, maybe searching through ODU website (both USA and German)? But I don't have time to search further.

Plus : by the way, they say this ODU connector was developed for HD800s... So that means it is custom one?

Updated 3/5 : I just got e-mail and it seems they found the part we are looking for. Now I gave them some info and am waiting for the price quote...
Updated #2 : The price is 8.28$ plus shipping....

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 23
Sounds proprietary to me - hope they do NOT have an exclusive sourcing arrangement with Senn. Yeah, fat chance.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoFiveOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heh...

"Connectors For Special Applications"

Custom Connectors - Connectors for Special Applications - ODU USA

I like the well-dressed engineer-type-guy in the background with the pencil.. Figuring out the perfect way to keep crazy DIYers from hacking the connection...
darthsmile.gif

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 23
Price is plus a 10 week lead time, at least on my quote from last week.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 23
Nice move by Sennheisser... make the connector proprietary to discourage DIYers. And Grado calling everything "i". They must think they are Apple or something.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 23
I should note I live in Denmark and are in the industry and all so I might be a bit more lucky than you guys time wise
wink.gif
- I also have experts with solders at work ready to help when I get
smily_headphones1.gif
I asked for 2 pairs so I'd be okay with moving one of them in case I get lucky. BTW its almost an industry standard to make sure connectors are at least non-standard for this type of stuff or at best of course proprietary. There is numerous reasons and even thought the DIY people are the "victims" here its not the intended target as I understand it.

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should note I live in Denmark and are in the industry and all so I might be a bit more lucky than you guys time wise
wink.gif
- I also have experts with solders at work ready to help when I get
smily_headphones1.gif
I asked for 2 pairs so I'd be okay with moving one of them in case I get lucky. BTW its almost an industry standard to make sure connectors are at least non-standard for this type of stuff or at best of course proprietary. There is numerous reasons and even thought the DIY people are the "victims" here its not the intended target as I understand it.

Denmark+audio industry= SEAS? Jantzen?
ksc75smile.gif

NK

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price is plus a 10 week lead time, at least on my quote from last week.

I can defiantly beat that with at least 5 weeks
tongue.gif
Don't think I can spare any thought - time will tell
popcorn.gif
Also got my friends in the industry to help with free XLR plugs, quality cable modding and a extra cable set for my projects as soon as they are able to be requested internally in Sennheiser. Cables should be able to be requested if you break them as far as I would guess but I don't want to risk them being in short supply so I asked the right people
ph34r.gif

While I was at it I also got a listen to the new MM450
icon10.gif

May 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, I am writing here instead of that big thread on headphones forum, since probably this may buried and no one would noticed. Move or merge this if you feel this thread is not suitable to be here.

So, after searching, I successfully contacted a company which make HD800 cables for Sennheiser.

After some e-mails, here's what they say about the connectors.

Part manufacturer: ODU
Part #: AXCLOC-PO2BCCO-0001

I just can't find this on internet, maybe searching through ODU website (both USA and German)? But I don't have time to search further.

Plus : by the way, they say this ODU connector was developed for HD800s... So that means it is custom one?

Updated 3/5 : I just got e-mail and it seems they found the part we are looking for. Now I gave them some info and am waiting for the price quote...
Updated #2 : The price is 8.28$ plus shipping....

We have verified these are the correct connectors for the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back