Information about Paypal
Apr 18, 2007 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

larryminator

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a question about paypal and should call them tomorrow, but maybe you can help me.

If I received a payment, how much time do I have to wait before I know the payment is cleared and legit?

Thanks

Laurent

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

I have a question about paypal and should call them tomorrow, but maybe you can help me.

If I received a payment, how much time do I have to wait before I know the payment is cleared and legit?

Thanks

Laurent

If it is from someone's account to your account, it should be instant.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except that PayPal is evil and will take the money back if they find the transaction to be 'fraudulent'. In other words, you can't. The payor can always lodge a complaint on PayPal and often will get their money back if you can't prove yourself.

But this shouldn't be a problem if you deal with honest people with good feedback. Caveat Emptor.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But this shouldn't be a problem if you deal with honest people with good feedback. Caveat Emptor.

Indeed, though I've read enough horror stories to not want to conduct serious business over PayPal. Personally I've never had a problem, and when I did get shafted (by the seller), I got a refund from them. If you're just doing personal-style transactions it's fine and I use it fairly often.

Apr 18, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 7
if they sent you an echeck the funds will not appear in your account until they have cleared. When they clear they will be in your account and you can spend it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back