Info to help a noob decide what to buy
Oct 28, 2011 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DeathDomokun

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know what headphones I want. I've ordered a Clip Zip as my Clip+ is broken, and I want to buy some decent headphones to go with it. This is just a little list of what I had in mind.
If you see something here [http://www.jbhifi.com.au/portable/mp3-players/head-phones/] that is >$200 that you'd recommend please feel encouraged to let me know. I think I'm leaning towards 
IEM: AKG K330/340, Senn CX300-II
Open headphones: AKG 420, Senn PX200-II/PX100-II, Senn HD218
Closed headphones: Senn HD448, Senn HD215
I just want something that is comfortable/can be worn for long periods and sounds good. I think I'm leaning towards the HD215s, no idea how the Clip will drive it, even though it's 32 ohms

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 12
Thanks for the reply! I know I didn't specify this but I'm in a specific situation.
I have a JB-HiFi gift card with around $150 on it. I just want some decent entry headphones, but I don't even know what type I want.
I'm thinking I'll get Pioneer/AKG/Senn
I'm leaning towards a pair of headphones as opposed to IEM, but I'm not sure.
I'm reading lots of mixed reviews, but the K420 and PX200-II seem to be held in high esteem, only I don't know how much leakage I will get as I will be using them in public/loud environments
If anyone really wants to have a look at the entire range, you can go here http://www.jbhifi.com.au/portable/mp3-players/head-phones/
(
if this is against the rules please feel free to let me know/have a mod delete)

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 12
I've got my heart on a Senn. There's the PX series but I think the HD series would sound better, and they're cheaper because you don't pay for the ability to fold up your headphones. I could get the PX200-II, but I could also get the PX360 for a little more, although I've heard the HD448 sounds better than the PX360 and that you're really paying for the headphone design. If I'm prepared to buy the PX360 then I should also add the HD518 to my list. What would you guys recommend from the aforementioned cans?

Oct 30, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 12
I've actually heard that the HD448s sound better than the PX360.
I've also heard that the HD448 has a cheap frame, whilst the PX360 is supposed to be quite sturdy.
Do you know how much the HD518s isolate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back