Info Sought
Jun 11, 2004 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lightftl

New Head-Fier
I found a pair of Senn HD 530II that Ive had squirreled away for many years. They sound pretty good driven right from my Marantz SA8260 SACD headphone jack. Id say they have about 30 hours max on them in all of these years. Im a magnepan man so havent listened much to headphones.
What would be the going rate for these headphones if I were to sell? Were there ever any after market cables etc made for these to improve the sound at all?

Been told that the HD 595's are a def must listen too considering my magnepan ears. Any other sugestions?
Thanks in advance.
Bill

Jun 11, 2004 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by lightftl
I found a pair of Senn HD 530II that Ive had squirreled away for many years. They sound pretty good driven right from my Marantz SA8260 SACD headphone jack. Id say they have about 30 hours max on them in all of these years. Im a magnepan man so havent listened much to headphones.
What would be the going rate for these headphones if I were to sell?

First, the official greeting. Welcome to Head-Fi, lightftl, sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

As for your questions, my humble opinions follow.

Seeing as how the HD 530 II's went for about $125. in 1994, they might fetch $50. today.

Quote:

Were there ever any after market cables etc made for these to improve the sound at all?

I don't know.

Quote:

Been told that the HD 595's are a def must listen too considering my magnepan ears. Any other sugestions?

hmmmmm - seeing as how you're used to those maggies, I would think that the Stax sound would be more to your liking. You might check out the Stax 303, 404, and Omega II systems.

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Bill

Our pleasure. You will most likely find that there is no shortage of opinions around here. Good luck in your headphone search.

Jun 14, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for your responses to my post. I appreciate the information. Ill check the STAX out, though as I said I am not unpleased with the sound of the 530II. While my ears are tuned to the sound of ribbons, good sound is good sound. Ive never found any shortage of opinions on any of the forums. Luckily Ive received alot of good opinions / things to check out over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back